Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Engraved Dress bayonet

Article about: I have a person wanting to sell this to me...rough in some ways. Is it real or fantasy...if real what value should it be at before I make an offer? Annoyed from this ads?  

?

Default Engraved Dress bayonet

I have a person wanting to sell this to me...rough in some ways. Is it real or fantasy...if real what value should it be at before I make an offer?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Engraved Dress bayonet   Engraved Dress bayonet  

Engraved Dress bayonet   Engraved Dress bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Engraved Dress bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Opps forgot one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Engraved Dress bayonet  

to me the engraving has got depth so ok imo.

- - ------- - -

no idea on price.

Seems a good etched bayo Spitzer production.a scarce etch..it s.a Pity the poor condition...i m not able to give a right price for it too

?

Not a pattern I am familiar with. Looks good, but you would really want to compare it carefully to other originals, especially the fine details. That being said, I am always leery of poor conditioned etched bayo's.

Jim

?

I,m with Jim on this one, i,m very wary of etched bayonets and you really need to compare a known original etched one with this inscription, what worries me is there appears to be no wear on the raised centre of the fuller on either side , baring in mind the overall condition it appears that the blade may have been re-polished at some time and then the inscription added, but the lettering , images and depth look to be of the right configuration, apart from the lack of wear over the etching it could be a goodun

I agree I usually avoid etched ones unless I can now the source too much of a minefield but that is a couple of original KS98 Frank I can say that for sure. I guess that etching boils down to the maker and other factors. Nice to see your post you usually have some pretty good Veteran acquired stuff. timothy

me too ,but as I said its got depth so ok.imo

?

Even if the bayonet is 100% original it would need to be very cheap to overlook the condition problems. Most dagger and bayonet collectors want their items in VG-Mint condition.