Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Etched bayonet Puma neutral motif ..need opinions

Article about: hi all..i need opinions from the "Etchperts" on this long model etched bayonet marked Puma with Neutral motif...i don't see the words Ges.Gesch..it's a red flag or can be possible?

Default Etched bayonet Puma neutral motif ..need opinions

hi all..i need opinions from the "Etchperts" on this long model etched bayonet marked Puma with Neutral motif...i don't see the words Ges.Gesch..it's a red flag or can be possible??
    thanks a lot
    Etched bayonet Puma neutral motif ..need opinionsEtched bayonet Puma neutral motif ..need opinionsEtched bayonet Puma neutral motif ..need opinionsEtched bayonet Puma neutral motif ..need opinionsEtched bayonet Puma neutral motif ..need opinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched bayonet Puma neutral motif ..need opinions
    P
    Many

?

Not having the Ges. Gesch. isn't the kiss of death, some have it, some don't. That being said, it is a Puma etch on a Puma bayonet. The etching looks kinda sloppy, but that is not uncommon with this particular etch. I can't really compare the details til I get home from work.

Is this yours or something you are considering buying?

Jim

Thanks a lot jim..i ve bought it from a very kind and disposable seller who garantees lifetime return..so i m not worried ..but i d like to have more opinions...i know that is not in minty conditions and i saw on techet book that there is an etching w/out ges gesch but was in a differet motif :-)

Hi Luca any idea of a translation of the etch? Sometimes that gives an identity of where or what type of person carried it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I can say that is a nice so called Pioneer by collectors but really as Sleepwalker is quick to point out just a varation of a KS 98 I have never owned a etch and have looked through Wayne Techts book on them. That one sure looks nice nice proper KS 98 dress frog. timothy

Hi larry...the etch means " IN MEMORY OF MY LOYAL SERVICE"...a neutral pattern that may be carried by many people...expecially infantry...defnitely common motif etched on.a. so called by collectors Pioneer dress bayo.

Thanks all for replays

?

I have studied this etch in every book and on every website I could find, so much so I will be seeing it in my sleep for awhile This twisted vine motif is very complicated and I'm sure it was quite a challenge for the craftsmen to repeat it perfectly time after time. Every one I have looked at have slight differences, very slight. If all I have is your pictures to go by, I would have to say I feel comfortable with it.

Here is the most important question. You have it in hand and I am sure you have done the same thing as me, with comparing it to every other similar etch you can find, how do YOU feel about it? There are going to be people who don't like it, because it doesn't match theirs exactly. Will you still like it if a few other people don't? I think that is what you need to come to terms with.

I am still a firm believer in the fact that these etches can be reproduced very convincingly, but give this one a better than average chance.

Again, I like it, how about you?

Regards,
    Jim

The hardest part of this hobby..is not being able to see it in hand..and I know how Jim feels..as we can only go so far and give so much. These etches in general on all daggers and swords have provided some great challenges. I do not doubt Jims word..and will support his decision of authenticity . This particular etch IMO does not look like the common ones we see on humped up Dress bayonets. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I like it in hands but i m unexpert and i hadn t seen a lot of etches to be sure...i know that this is a very hard field...for example yesterday i had a long dicussion with some people that are sure that ,except 4or5,all the etches have been made postwar...:-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast