Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Etched Dress Bayonet by Hack Werke Steyr

Article about: Up for your opinion is an etched dress bayonet by Hack Werke Steyr. They bayonet looks ok to me. From what I have read this maker is a less common one. It is the etching that I am concerned

My gut feeling is that it's good all the way (although far from an expert), but it's like Glenn says, many if not all of the fakery is wannabe SS and way overdone... Don't let the fakers get wind that we're onto this, they'll switch gears and it would be harder to spot.

This Steyr blade is a gorgeous piece in its own right, painted scabbard is crazy clean, all it needs is a really nice clean dress bayonet frog to slip into.

I'd own it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Etched Dress Bayonet by Hack Werke Steyr
    P
    Many

?

Thank you for the input Larboard! If I ever come across an equally nice frog I will try to add it. From what I have read this maker is much less common. Any idea?

I'm far from any expert on blades, but I'd never even heard of them until you posted, personally, so can't be very common. I have a soft spot for things Steyr over the years, long history... Austrian.

Congrats Doug on a nice find. I also agree with Rossi Summation..on the etch. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Much appreciated Larry!

?

I am well aware of Steyr firearms, But that is the first Steyr marked bayonet I have seen.
    It does look to be a quality etch.
    Very Cool!
    Semper Fi
    Phil

I've generally avoided etched bayonets like the Plague. They made tons of them in England in the 70's and most of them were excellently done. But, having said that, This one looks authentic. The etch is quality work done and no absurd Totenkopf or SS runes with some name like Reinhardt Heydrich under them plastered all over it. It is what one would expect to see for a memento of a soldier's time in service. For every genuine piece like this one, a person runs across 99 fakes and many people like myself simply avoid them altogether. You've made a nice purchase of a seldom seen and very tough to find bayonet! Well done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Thank you for the kind words gents! I normally don't buy these bayonets (dress bayou) because I find them very plain, but I knew this was one I needed to snag up. Not sure if I would ever see an etched blade by this maker again!

Here's a thread worth a bump from the crypt. Hack Werke Steyr is a rarely seen maker of KS98 bayonets and this is a very good example. The service remembrance etching is authentic (as members correctly discerned) and comes from the known inventory of E.Pack & Sohne which supplied etchings, (perhaps even the blades) to the Hack Werke company.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2