Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found another matched K98 Bayonet

Article about: Here's another that I found in one of my knife boxes. It is matching, however certainly not pristine. Most of the bluing is gone from the blade, however it remains bright blue in the fuller.

Default Found another matched K98 Bayonet

Here's another that I found in one of my knife boxes. It is matching, however certainly not pristine. Most of the bluing is gone from the blade, however it remains bright blue in the fuller. Hope you enjoy. . .

Found another matched K98 Bayonet Found another matched K98 Bayonet Found another matched K98 Bayonet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Found another matched K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

Nice mate that, nothing wrong with being used and abused, how many brides were virgins lol.

?

Wrong is here the sharpening of blade, only using would be not so problem without remains of origin blueing. sorry about it as the piece is matching. 41 WKC production.b.r.Andy
    PS one screw is wrong side mounted.

Default Thanks, AndyB:

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Wrong is here the sharpening of blade, only using would be not so problem without remains of origin blueing. sorry about it as the piece is matching. 41 WKC production.b.r.Andy
    PS one screw is wrong side mounted.
    Never noticed the screw problem. This is how it was when purchased. I have never taken one of these bayonets down. Guess I'll try it soon and make it right.

Default Question about the screws. . .

Will they simply unscrew in the normal manner, or is there something else I shroud know?

Thanks!

There is a tool, you can buy on ebay are make your own, it was mentioned in one of the bayo threads. they are i believe undone on the 2 slot side.

WW2 German K98 Mauser Bayonet Grip Tool | eBay
    Last edited by greatwhite; 08-23-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    There is a tool, you can buy on ebay are make your own, it was mentioned in one of the bayo threads. they are i believe undone on the 2 slot side.

WW2 German K98 Mauser Bayonet Grip Tool | eBay
    A good suggestion . Judging from the image the blade widths on the tool from eBay look uneven (one wider than the other) so I take the description with some skepticism (there is also no mention of the tool being hardened), thinking that it might also need an adjustment (by grinding or filing). But there's no question that a spanner type of tool is needed with another alternative grinding your own from an old screwdriver, or taking a few minutes to adjust an insert type of the proper size from the web or your local hardware store for 2 or 3 dollars as less expensive alternatives. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found another matched K98 Bayonet