Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gebruder Heller k98 bayo

Article about: Ran across this Heller bayo on ebay with one day left on a buy it now for \\$79.95. Asked for better pics, but he said they were the best he could manage, asked about the numbers on the bard a

?

Default Gebruder Heller k98 bayo

Ran across this Heller bayo on ebay with one day left on a buy it now for $79.95. Asked for better pics, but he said they were the best he could manage, asked about the numbers on the bard and he thought they were the same. So, I took a chance, knowing that these early bayo's hold their bluing real well. Figured it was a good bet as even mis-matched k98's were worth the asking price, I could always sell it if it was.

Jim
    Here are the auction pics:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebruder Heller k98 bayo   Gebruder Heller k98 bayo  

Gebruder Heller k98 bayo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gebruder Heller k98 bayo
    P
    Many

?

Here is what I got in the mail a couple of days later, a numbers matching 1937 Gebruder Heller with a near mint blade. The numbers on the bard were hard to read due to someone painting it over the years. I stripped the paint with acetone and find a fair amount of bluing left. I would rather have a little bluing than a lot of paint The grips are wood, as they should be, and untouched. Waffenampt 214 stamped everywhere it should be.

I really love sellers who can't take pictures, it has saved me a lot of money over the years!

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gebruder Heller k98 bayo   Gebruder Heller k98 bayo  

Gebruder Heller k98 bayo   Gebruder Heller k98 bayo  

Gebruder Heller k98 bayo   Gebruder Heller k98 bayo  

Gebruder Heller k98 bayo  

Hi Jim..nice score..and a producer not seen too often. It was worth the gamble. I collect by the producer..and sometimes daggers of less quality to fill in a temporary void. To your surprise and satisfaction..the bayo turned out to be in great condition.

Matching numbers in K98 bayos in this case,, seem to trump over condition. Congrats again Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

The maker named k98 bayo has been a hole in my collection for some time now, so I was real happy to add this one! It is really hard to find a nice conditioned makers name bayo at a reasonable price. You can buy S-codes and 3 lettered codes all day long, but all matching makers names are rare to find,in my experience, without paying alot of cash.

Regards,
    Jim

Yeah nice hard to find one Jim I myself haven't encountered any in the last 15 years or so or even before nice find. timothy

?

Excellent snag Jim. I love the bluing on that one!!!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Looks like a nice piece.

South Poll
    ?

Hi....I've just picked up one of these '37 Gebr.Heller too here in New Zealand, in pretty much the same condition - only it has a non-matching scabbard and bakelite grips. Have not taken apart yet to check if grips match.
    BUT..the interesting thing is the serial number - mine is 9652 a
    Not far in production from yours.