Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

German captured bayonets

Article about: Nice Polish rework Is mine the model 28? it is a little different. timothy

Default re: German captured bayonets

First things first.

In C. of Yugoslavia there was three types of M24 bayonet:
    Imported Belgian and bayonets domestic production:
    ATZ - Artillery Technical Institute.
    VTZ - Military Technical Institute.

All three species were captured by the Germans, but they were mostly allocated ES units, and part of NDH army.
    (they all received M24 rifles, bayonets so that there was no need repaired)
    There are rare examples of M24 mount (B, ATZ, VTZ), which the Germans reworked - cutting the muzzle ring, and not later manipulated by the JNA.

If the bayonet later remodeled by the JNA, then we talk about the JNA M24/98 bayonets, or if they are shortened, we are talking about M24/48 bayonets.

Your bayonet was remodeled by the JNA - M24/48 bayonet.

Basic fundamentals.

Regards
    Vedran

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German captured bayonets
    P
    Many

i know the different german reworks.

no there are... there are typical reworks by german orders from 1942 and 1943 (shorting the blade)

look and read the german regulations

there is no real argument that are yugo reworks. They look differnt...

so...after the German rework and shorted M24 shorted french ones. Shorted by orders of 1942.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German captured bayonets   German captured bayonets  

And here shorted Netherlands M1895... also shorted by German order of 1942
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German captured bayonets   German captured bayonets  

Great thread Gents
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great thread captured foreign bayonets, are underappreciated and not often understood. thanks a lot timothy

?

Nice thread, there are possibilities the german rework of yugo M24 shortened bayonet were later used or repaired by JNA too. so on some samples is there doubble reworking,on M24b is on scabbard a jugo serial number, same as the grips screws were replaced with a not corrects one.So sometimes is hard to determine which was done when by reworking.

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Nice thread, there are possibilities the german rework of yugo M24 shortened bayonet were later used or repaired by JNA too. so on some samples is there doubble reworking,on M24b is on scabbard a jugo serial number, same as the grips screws were replaced with a not corrects one.So sometimes is hard to determine which was done when by reworking.
    Yes, it can be confusing trying to sort out what belongs where. And in hindsight I could have expended more effort in cataloging the surplus/unwanted weapons exported to the U.S. in bulk that I looked at years ago from Yugoslavia. With a lot of interesting items like ersatz copies of German field gear and reworked bayonets, with maybe an untouched item mixed in here and there. But that was not my main focus at the time, and compact easy to use digital cameras were not an option at the time. But it was with the Romanian batches of surplus items where I saw (and catalogued) some reworked “dot” bayonets with the scabbard side screw and/or other modifications mixed in with the earlier CZ variant modifications. And CZ (Brno) in 1942 and 1943 was still making the Wehrmacht contract bayonets without extra modifications, and even a batch of the Romanian 1943 contract bayonets with intact muzzle rings. And no two converted bayonets ever seemed to be modified in exactly the same way - ie: scabbard screws, no screws, slotted grip bolts, unslotted bolts, rivets ground flush, rivets not ground, blued, not blued, etc. etc. etc. And sometimes you had to wonder just what exactly was going on?? 20 - 40 small shops doing conversions independently in a half dozen countries? Best Regards, Fred

Here is a german captuered polish Wz.27 (you can see at the serial number). The metalparts were blued.

German captured bayonets   German captured bayonets  

German captured bayonets   German captured bayonets  

German captured bayonets  

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Yes, it can be confusing trying to sort out what belongs where. And in hindsight I could have expended more effort in cataloging the surplus/unwanted weapons exported to the U.S. in bulk that I looked at years ago from Yugoslavia. With a lot of interesting items like ersatz copies of German field gear and reworked bayonets, with maybe an untouched item mixed in here and there. But that was not my main focus at the time, and compact easy to use digital cameras were not an option at the time. But it was with the Romanian batches of surplus items where I saw (and catalogued) some reworked “dot” bayonets with the scabbard side screw and/or other modifications mixed in with the earlier CZ variant modifications. And CZ (Brno) in 1942 and 1943 was still making the Wehrmacht contract bayonets without extra modifications, and even a batch of the Romanian 1943 contract bayonets with intact muzzle rings. And no two converted bayonets ever seemed to be modified in exactly the same way - ie: scabbard screws, no screws, slotted grip bolts, unslotted bolts, rivets ground flush, rivets not ground, blued, not blued, etc. etc. etc. And sometimes you had to wonder just what exactly was going on?? 20 - 40 small shops doing conversions independently in a half dozen countries? Best Regards, Fred

the most of my captuerd bayontes came out of german privat or police sources, the captuerd and shortend yugo bayontes came out of famers buildings. The german orders for shorting the M24 are also original.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast