Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet

Article about: This, IMO, is one of the most interesting bayo's I own. It is a Czech Vz-24 made by Zbrojovka Brno and accepted in 1926. It has nearly every modification that the Germans did to Czech bayo's

?

Default German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet

This, IMO, is one of the most interesting bayo's I own. It is a Czech Vz-24 made by Zbrojovka Brno and accepted in 1926. It has nearly every modification that the Germans did to Czech bayo's, muzzle ring removed, heavily blued, screws slotted, release button slotted, release lug ground flush with pommel, scabbard throat reversed and screw added to the edge to secure it, frog stud ground down to a German style point. The scabbard is interesting in that it is made by Karel Schultz/Komorany Moravia. According to Mr Wheeler Schultz was reported to have made 300,000 scabbards, but only from 1924-1929. The only things not done to this bayo is the stamping of a waffenamt and a serial number. The only thing I am unsure about is the 4/15 marking on the end of the pommel, I assume it is a prewar Czech unit marking. It is in fantastic condition and I feel privileged to own it.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet   German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet  

German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet   German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet  

German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet
    P
    Many

Very nice and i'd be very happy to own it too!....

Hi gents..I need some input.....is this a German made bayo for the Czechs...or is it a Czech bayonet..with German details. I ask this wanting to know if I should keep it here if it is relevant to the K98..or move the thread to the World bayonet forum. Let me know. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's as the title says Larry, a Czech made bayonet modified by the Germans after they invaded Czechoslovakia!...

Thanks Gunny.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi gents..I need some input.....is this a German made bayo for the Czechs...or is it a Czech bayonet..with German details. I ask this wanting to know if I should keep it here if it is relevant to the K98..or move the thread to the World bayonet forum. Let me know. Regards Larry
    Discussed in another thread that I don't have a link to at the moment, the bayonet posted is of prewar Czech manufacture and was originally used by the Czech Army. That was subsequently converted to German specifications circa 1942 (although I'm sorry to have to say that I don't have a copy of the Technische Lieferbibedingungen (TL) for that particular conversion). So I would think that as a German conversion it could easily remain here as a matter of interest to TR era German collectors. But then the situation gets a little less clear IMO with the below photo of the W/SS in this combat photo which could be interpreted in a couple of ways. And that's because there are OEM Waffenamted S. 24(t) (ie: Vz. 24) full muzzle ring bayonets that other than the factory German markings are identical to the prewar Czech bayonets, and even some occupation period minimalist conversions (no reconfiguration). Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet  

?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Discussed in another thread that I don't have a link to at the moment, the bayonet posted is of prewar Czech manufacture and was originally used by the Czech Army. That was subsequently converted to German specifications circa 1942 (although I'm sorry to have to say that I don't have a copy of the Technische Lieferbibedingungen (TL) for that particular conversion). So I would think that as a German conversion it could easily remain here as a matter of interest to TR era German collectors. But then the situation gets a little less clear IMO with the below photo of the W/SS in this combat photo which could be interpreted in a couple of ways. And that's because there are OEM Waffenamted S. 24(t) (ie: Vz. 24) full muzzle ring bayonets that other than the factory German markings are identical to the prewar Czech bayonets, and even some occupation period minimalist conversions (no reconfiguration). Best Regards, Fred
    While not an 84/98, I thought it fit here better than the other options available.

Jim

Yes nice German rework of CZ Czech bayonet these are covered in a whole chapter in Wheeler's book Seitengewher 1919 to 1945 that is a nice one and you are right Germans ground or removed the muzzle ring and slotted the screws and reblued most when they reworked however Wheeler also shows examples of Waa marked ones with muzzle ring and still bright metal. Sleepwalker has a thread on here and I think he may show the CZ rework bayonets. I like the ones made at DOT under German occupation they look the same as your example but are DOT and Waa marked. Nice piece and I would think since it is really a German rework it would belong here. I have a Polish M28 reblued, Muzzle ring removed and it is in a German Scabbard was a direct purchase from the Vet that brought it back I have posted it here before The Polish reworks are getting expensive but your CZ is also If you notice the frog stud has even been done like the German ones and not the flat larger ones of Czech and Austrian make. timothy

?

Quote by Jim P View Post
    This, IMO, is one of the most interesting bayo's I own. It is a Czech Vz-24 made by Zbrojovka Brno and accepted in 1926. It has nearly every modification that the Germans did to Czech bayo's, muzzle ring removed, heavily blued, screws slotted, release button slotted, release lug ground flush with pommel, scabbard throat reversed and screw added to the edge to secure it, frog stud ground down to a German style point. The scabbard is interesting in that it is made by Karel Schultz/Komorany Moravia. According to Mr Wheeler Schultz was reported to have made 300,000 scabbards, but only from 1924-1929. The only things not done to this bayo is the stamping of a waffenamt and a serial number. The only thing I am unsure about is the 4/15 marking on the end of the pommel, I assume it is a prewar Czech unit marking. It is in fantastic condition and I feel privileged to own it.

Jim
    Nice bayonet, firstly its czechoslovak Vz.24 bayonet accepted to Czechoslovak Army in 1926, the origin czechoslovak unit was removed from pommel visible parts of stamping under blueing, the 4/15 is a well known german unit markings, stamped by one german armorer, there are similar marked pieces, most real 4 Company or Battalion and weapons number.The scabbard is made by KOMO like mentioned but the firm is not from Moravia, but from Prague. Same as the remains of hole for rivets were fullfiled with rivets, which is not typical, mainly it was fulfilled with material, but the reworks are various made.

No problem Gents....just as long it is relevant to the K98 and the thread....it can stay...thankyou Fred for the clarification Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast