Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet

Article about: This, IMO, is one of the most interesting bayo's I own. It is a Czech Vz-24 made by Zbrojovka Brno and accepted in 1926. It has nearly every modification that the Germans did to Czech bayo's

Hello,

nice one...

this alternation of the S24 (t) starts in 1942... not before

Regards

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German converted Vz 24 czech bayonet
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for the comments and additional info!

Jim

Quote by Jim P View Post
    This, IMO, is one of the most interesting bayo's I own. It is a Czech Vz-24 made by Zbrojovka Brno and accepted in 1926. It has nearly every modification that the Germans did to Czech bayo's, muzzle ring removed, heavily blued, screws slotted, release button slotted, release lug ground flush with pommel, scabbard throat reversed and screw added to the edge to secure it, frog stud ground down to a German style point. The scabbard is interesting in that it is made by Karel Schultz/Komorany Moravia. According to Mr Wheeler Schultz was reported to have made 300,000 scabbards, but only from 1924-1929. The only things not done to this bayo is the stamping of a waffenamt and a serial number. The only thing I am unsure about is the 4/15 marking on the end of the pommel, I assume it is a prewar Czech unit marking. It is in fantastic condition and I feel privileged to own it.

Jim
    Note the blade is upside down. German bayonet cutting edge faces downwards, czech for some reason faces up. I'm surprised this wasn't modified by the Germans upon capture, as it changes the actual combat style used by it (though for purposes of running your enemy through, it doesn't matter so much)

?

How would You change this, it must be reworked overall bayonet, as the pommel and crossguard should be changed in position,the czechoslovak bayonet is more effective in near combat as attak the enemy from upper part , secondly the influence by edge oriented to barell is smaller as flat backspine have directly under barell. b.r.Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2