Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

german esratz frog

Article about: hello i have the opportunity to buy the attached frog,the frog is half leather half ersatz the both elements are connected with the same old thread.have You seen something like this before?

Default german esratz frog

hello i have the opportunity to buy the attached frog,the frog is half leather half ersatz the both elements are connected with the same old thread.have You seen something like this before?does the frog looks genuine for You?
    regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture german esratz frog   german esratz frog  

german esratz frog   german esratz frog  

german esratz frog   german esratz frog  

german esratz frog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german esratz frog
    P
    Many

I would tend to go with authentic late war. It's not exactly the same as others I've seen (different stitching & no rivets) but the leather is recycled and it does have the look of period production. Lots of design variations around 1945 and materials used and often no marks or dates.

thank You very much Mr Anderson

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I would tend to go with authentic late war. It's not exactly the same as others I've seen (different stitching & no rivets) but the leather is recycled and it does have the look of period production. Lots of design variations around 1945 and materials used and often no marks or dates.
    Of the same basic opinion as Anderson, they are called by some the 'Breadbag' frogs because most of the material for the frog's backpiece is the same type of light duty woven fabric as the Breadbags themselves. Originally mostly seen as souvenirs/bring-backs from U.S. veterans, and a sprinkling from French soldiers, they are more widely distributed now. Best Regards, Fred

thank you for the infoo