Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German K98 GEBR Heller 1937. HELP WITH UNKOWN MARK ((UNIT MARK))

Article about: I Have a K98 bayonet that is made by GEBR HELLER made in 1937. But it has a mark on the side of the blade and at the tip of the scabbard. It is marked with the number 105, i was told it was

?

Nice bayonet i would think 105 is rework stamp, could be that was done reblueing in war.b.r.Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German K98 GEBR Heller 1937. HELP WITH UNKOWN MARK ((UNIT MARK))
    P
    Many

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Nice bayonet i would think 105 is rework stamp, could be that was done reblueing in war.b.r.Andy

From what I've seen for the German Army in the Imperial era many items were not serial numbered and the Germans developed a system of unit marking to keep track of them. That changed for the most part in the TR era with serial numbers becoming a standard practice. Agreeing with Andy that the "105" marked bayonet is very likely a TR period rework (instead of the nothing at all which seems to be in the majority). That said, every once in a great while you might also see a Depot type rework stamp like that seen with some guns. Something that occasionally includes some of the German Police/Other S. 84/98 type bayonets which were not normally serial numbered, with depending on the non-Police source, some examples possibly having unit type markings. Best Regards, Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2