Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Practice bayonet

Article about: Hi guy's and girl's I haven't seen many of these around, it's marked ASW whitch i am pretty sure is E&F horster 1943 practice bayonet this is in near mint condition any comment's and inf

Default German Practice bayonet

Hi guy's and girl's
    I haven't seen many of these around, it's marked ASW whitch i am pretty sure is E&F horster 1943 practice bayonet this is in near mint condition any comment's and info are welcome,
    many thank's
    Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Practice bayonet   German Practice bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Practice bayonet
    P
    Many

Dick
    ?

Default Re: German Practice bayonet

I have never heard of, or seen one of these before, in any manual, or training film. Could it have been a post war job, put on as protection in a display, or to protect a kid from getting stabbed in play?
    All training I have seen, always allowed a soldier to advance and stab at a dummy, and or used the scabard as protection.

Hi Ronnie, not something I have ever seen before either. Interesting item.

Cheers, Ade.

thank's guys, it is dated 43 and asw i have spoken to one dealer and he said the same and that he had only seen a couple of them, he told me they were very rare but i keep drawing a blank on any research on them, i shall keep trying if i find anymore i will post again
    cheers Ronnie

?

Dont believe is real, they have not time made any practice bayos in 1943, when overall Germany was under allied bombing, maybe a postwar upgrade?. Could You send details about serial number and letter, looks like a switch piece, thanks,best regards,Andy

why would you have a "practice bayo"! never heard of that ..and from personal experience (modern force) still would never use something like that.

allmost looks as if the end of a scabbard is stuck on the end.. but it would be great if it was actually a "practice bayo" ...still something that I would love to have Andy!

Thanx for sharing!!!!!

Sorry I ment Ron ha ha ah

but I can see that the end peice is connected by rivets (two) and not cast?

rivet job is inconsitant not very good seems post war to me...im going out of my cherry bounderies whith that one

Hi Ronnie, I don't know if you already know Andy? But I would greatly respect his opinion. If I had a K98 bayonet question, he would be one of my first ports of call. I know Andy from elsewhere. He has been compliling data on these bayonets for years and knows his stuff.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast