Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Grey ghost ASW 44 k98

Article about: Hello, i cant find the price on the grey ghost? Anyone who can help me please? Best regards Daniel

Do you oil them in or something? Should you do anything with them so they wont get rustt or something?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grey ghost ASW 44 k98
    P
    Many

Starting with a relatively rare vs. common bayonet is a good start. For myself not even interested in them until I decided to accessorize some of my rifles, and later branching out into other areas. As for rust prevention I think that some good gun oil would help, oil being what the U.S. did to augment the rust prevention qualities of the phosphate (aka Parkerized) finishes that were used with period U.S. arms. Best Regards, Fred.

You got for a reasonable price, but Fred's comments are worth heeding. When most of us started collecting we were in a hurry to buy as much as we could on a limited budget. The result was most pieces I bought were worn battered examples that as Fred said have limited resale appeal. Later on I wished I had waited until I had saved up for a better conditioned example. And that's what I do now. With K98 bayonets you will notice the market is very discriminatory of mismatched blades and scabbards, in terms of price. A matching blade and scabbard will sell for double the price of a mismatch. but in actual fact the mismatch is mostly a sign of service use, scabbards got damaged and were replaced. Likewise wartime letter code bayonets sell for more than pre war S code bayonets, even though the S codes are often better made and used in the war. Sometime the market is not logical. But if investment is any part of your consideration, the prejudices of the "market" need to be noted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2