Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Heavily Serial numbered K-98

Article about: Just wanted to share my first K-98 Bayonet I got 6 years ago from my Great Uncle who was in ww2. I am still new into collecting and just wanted to know if it was unusual for one to be this s

Default Heavily Serial numbered K-98

Just wanted to share my first K-98 Bayonet I got 6 years ago from my Great Uncle who was in ww2. I am still new into collecting and just wanted to know if it was unusual for one to be this serialized. It is in bad shape but has that been there look to me. And i have never seen a knot on a bayonet but that is how it was given to. What knot do you guys think it is?

Derek
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heavily Serial numbered K-98   Heavily Serial numbered K-98  

Heavily Serial numbered K-98   Heavily Serial numbered K-98  

Heavily Serial numbered K-98   Heavily Serial numbered K-98  

Heavily Serial numbered K-98  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heavily Serial numbered K-98
    P
    Many

Nice matched number bayonet. Markings are conventional. Matched number examples are getting harder to find.

I cannot help on the knot, but it should not be on this, that is for sure. It is a sword knot.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice, early Alexander Coppel 84/98 bayonet! Ade is correct about the portepee, it is for a sword and was for a senior nco, if I remember correctly. Does the frog have any markings?

Jim

?

Nice one correctly serialed Coppel 1938 piece, unfortunally bad cleaned or proofed to sharpen on blade. Same opinion about porteeppee. best regards,Andy

?

German precision: all parts nicely marked and also matching!
    Pity its in this shape but otherwise a nice Original "been there" bayonet!

Ger

Hello,

yes the numbers are normal.. every part must have zu same number..

Real nice matched s84/98 agree on knot. timothy

but, the portepee does not match...

it is not an nco knot and not a army or airforce portepee.

It is more a foresty or administration Portepee...

Can you post better pics?

I will take better pictures soon. My uncle also had several forestry daggers too so I am assuming that it would be forestry.