MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help with identifying and non matching leather

Article about: Picked up a nice bayo tonight but was intrigued by the multi color frog. Turning to you guys for help. Many thanks Jarod

Default Help with identifying and non matching leather

Picked up a nice bayo tonight but was intrigued by the multi color frog. Turning to you guys for help. Many thanks

JarodHelp with identifying and non matching leatherHelp with identifying and non matching leatherHelp with identifying and non matching leatherHelp with identifying and non matching leatherHelp with identifying and non matching leatherHelp with identifying and non matching leather

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with identifying and non matching leather
    P
    Many

I've seen a two tone black/brown Polizei frog, not a combat S84/98 frog though. The RBN maker is K & A Stolla of Vienna.

Not immediately at hand, I think that I have the same maker with the "Ki/circle" on back, but with a black tie strap. Having seen other usually later (versus early) legitimate mismatches, my thinking being that as the stresses of war increased the focus was on getting the items being made - and then "out the door" and into the hands of the troops. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with identifying and non matching leather  

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Not immediately at hand, I think that I have the same maker with the "Ki/circle" on back, but with a black tie strap. Having seen other usually later (versus early) legitimate mismatches, my thinking being that as the stresses of war increased the focus was on getting the items being made - and then "out the door" and into the hands of the troops. Best Regards, Fred

I think it looks great, and adds a lot of character to the piece. I like it because you can tell it came out of the factory that way, based on the original stitching.

Hello nothing unusual. From time to time the belts were not dyed. This can be found at frogs from 1940/41.
    There are also frogs where only the straps are blackened. Manufacturer is STOLLA - WIEN.
    The frog is 100% authentic. A nice piece.

?

nice one as mentioned by others, used various material. b.r.Andy