Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help with K98 Bayonet

Article about: Hi guys, I got a k98 bayonet on eBay for about \\$50. I need help in figuring out if it is real or not. I have tried looking at those codes but I cannot figure it out. It says A253 on one side

Default Help with K98 Bayonet

Hi guys,
    I got a k98 bayonet on eBay for about $50. I need help in figuring out if it is real or not. I have tried looking at those codes but I cannot figure it out. It says A253 on one side, 2045 f on the other and another code is N25048k. Can you help?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Help with K98 Bayonet

have you a picture??

WaA253 is the WaA accaptance
    2045f is the serial number
    and N25048k is a untik marking of the marine nordsee station

but this already gets faked

I am pretty sure it's a fake. The seller on eBay just worded it to sound like the real deal. I checked the numbers and the top 3 google listings are all replicas. The pictures even look fake. I figured since it was new who knows. I was taken.

German K98 Mauser Rifle Bayonet with WW2 Markings and Scabbard 1939 New in Box | eBay

Help with K98 Bayonet

Help with K98 Bayonet

Help with K98 Bayonet

Help with K98 Bayonet

Hello,

yes this is a new production. Not original

sigh

I am going to have to agree I have never seen a Original TR 84/98 Marked like this in fifty years of collecting them. Poor attempt at repo to put KM marks on bayonet. There are many references to show you real ones. I personally like SeitenGewher The German Bayonet 1919 to 1945 by George Wheeler. Be a good thing to or I have found out good references and check here on the forum. Experience learned I have had my share of fakes. timothy

Is there a section to this forum devoted to weapons in general? I have been wanting a Gewehr 43 for a long time now. I can't seem to find any. I don't mind paying the $2000 asking price, but I want to make sure I get a real one that is not too beat up. I don't need the scope, just want the weapon with a magazine round. No ammo needed. I would go for a replica actually, but can't even find those. There is one site, but they want over $3000 for one. Any recommendations?

RZM
    ?

I agree as well. It probably came from a company like IMA and made for reenactors. Don't sweat it, we have all bought repros at some point!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast