Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with K98 Bayonet

Article about: Hi guys, I got a k98 bayonet on eBay for about \\$50. I need help in figuring out if it is real or not. I have tried looking at those codes but I cannot figure it out. It says A253 on one side

Default Re: Help with K98 Bayonet

In reference to G-43 they were all over in the 70's I bought a good one at Tulsa OK gunshow in 78 that had a rubber pad on the but stock othere wise was all OK gave four hundred for it. They have gotton ridicilous in price I would say eighteen hunderd to two thousand five hundred is the current prices I see. Good luck GS are probably your best bet. Most dealers are outrageous in price. timothy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

Quote by soughtseven1035 View Post
    Is there a section to this forum devoted to weapons in general? I have been wanting a Gewehr 43 for a long time now. I can't seem to find any. I don't mind paying the $2000 asking price, but I want to make sure I get a real one that is not too beat up. I don't need the scope, just want the weapon with a magazine round. No ammo needed. I would go for a replica actually, but can't even find those. There is one site, but they want over $3000 for one. Any recommendations?
    Hi Sought7..and welcome to the forum..you may want to take a look into this forum within the WRF that would interest you. heres the link. World Firearms at War relics forum

and the K98 forum that you are presently on now is filled with exhaustive information of bayonets and a numbering system thread also seen here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...d-rbnr-233978/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I guess I should have been smarter before bidding on it. The numbers were displayed and a simple Google search would have told me it was a replica. I got it today in the mail and it's definitely fake. Looks like a cheap market knife bought from a cheap China company. It has a self-sharpener in the case. It was a nice knife though. Definitely had some weight to it. If I had a use for it, I might have kept it. $50 is just too much for me to keep it though.

yeah the 43's i heard were all burned after the war and they are really rare these days. that is why the price is so high. it all depends on the market and who wants one. i just want one because it's my favorite gun from WW2.

The amount of artifacts destroyed after the war is astronomical.. and not just form the bombing raids...but from piles and piles throughout the country that were destroyed in some manner. What he have now that has survived on the collecting market and in private collections is only the tip of the iceberg. I cant seem to find any file footage due to incorrect key words I am trying to type into Youtube of footage I have seen of Tanks driving over piles of weapons and burning artifacts. Sadly much was destroyed and taking with them many truths to what we can not still find answers for. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

They probably wanted to forget it. I mean Hitler killed innocent families. He was basically the devil living amonst the earth at the time and needed to be stopped. It just goes to show you that evil never wins. There is no answer for war. I can't imagine living through a World War. Anything could happen. Of course anything could happen here, as we've just seen.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The amount of artifacts destroyed after the war is astronomical.. and not just form the bombing raids...but from piles and piles throughout the country that were destroyed in some manner. What he have now that has survived on the collecting market and in private collections is only the tip of the iceberg. I cant seem to find any file footage due to incorrect key words I am trying to type into Youtube of footage I have seen of Tanks driving over piles of weapons and burning artifacts. Sadly much was destroyed and taking with them many truths to what we can not still find answers for. Regards Larry
    While it varied by who was in control of the sector with some much more aggressive in their approach than others, there was a conscious effort to de-militarize the country. And sometimes you might be driving in the countryside and see some monolithic concrete structures in the middle of nowhere. That were broken into pieces that were too big to be moved without a lot of additional explosive demolition, and just left there. Or maybe a cluster of buildings with some intact and no sign of wartime damage, and just bare concrete slabs for others in the area. And that was in the Western sector. Because in the East the Russians were reported to have taken whatever was usable for military or civilian use and shipped it back to Russia. Which in the case of some German wartime arms came back as brand new never used 1944 and 1945 dated holsters. Along with crates of completely refurbished German pistols seen first hand as imports, and some rifles including Russian ones that were for most practical purposes as new not refurbished, although most were in fact refurbished. Best Regards, Fred

Because this does not look similar to some other postwar reproductions that I’ve seen. I would be interested in knowing the actual source of these bayonets of where they were made, in the event that they make some “product improvements” to them - so that they can try and fool collectors. Regards, Fred

Sadly a repro 50 years of collecting i made mistakes i wish you good luck on future purchases.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2