Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying dagger and portepee

Article about: Here's another attic find of my late father in law. There are no marking on the dagger nor blade. All your help is greatly appreciated! Thank you, Steve Semper Fi

?

Default Identifying dagger and portepee

Here's another attic find of my late father in law. There are no marking on the dagger nor blade. All your help is greatly appreciated!
    Thank you,
    Steve
    Semper Fi

Identifying dagger and portepeeIdentifying dagger and portepeeAttachment 1292190Identifying dagger and portepeeIdentifying dagger and portepeeIdentifying dagger and portepeeIdentifying dagger and portepee
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying dagger and portepee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying dagger and portepee
    P
    Many

Hi Steve . i will move your thread to the K98 bayo forum for further review.
    Not sure of a producer but somewhat common short dress bayonet.

Anderson would be able to help you with the ID of the portepee.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It's a Third Reich Heer troddel for the Third Bataillon, 2nd company (also known as the 10th company). The red cord is unraveled from kranz (top of the bulb) with red always signifying the 2nd company in each bataillon. The KS98 bayonet and frog are also authentic.
    By the way I'm assuming the stengel (stalk) is yellow colour, a bit hard to be sure as it's dirty. If white it's First Bataillon.
    Last edited by Anderson; 03-23-2019 at 06:25 AM.

Its an Extra-Seitengwehr (Dress bayonet) with matching frog and knot. The knot is damaged. The knot is for a second Kompanie (first Bataillon) - collours red-white-red.
    The first Bataillon has the white colour in the midle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying dagger and portepee