Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

jwh 44

Article about: jwh 44 5329v, matching no's. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default jwh 44

jwh 44 5329v, matching no's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture jwh 44   jwh 44  

jwh 44   jwh 44  

jwh 44  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement jwh 44
    P
    Many

jwh 44 5329v
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture jwh 44   jwh 44  

jwh 44   jwh 44  

Real nice! matching numbers on a sought after code by the French factory maker of s84/98 rare find by me I have only found one and missed out on it. timothy

?

As Timothy has said, an extremely rare maker, and for such a late war bayo, it is in fantastic condition, IMO.

Jim

Yup, I love this one, nice late war 'rough' finish! I like the way the brazing has spilled over and they've just stamped the serial number over it and the WaA on the bottom of the scabbard is the same.

?

Being in the "V" block, I wonder how close the Americans were in France following the D-Day landings when this was being manufactured?

Jim

Not sure, probably not that far away!!

Any idea on when they actually stopped making them? Was it prior to D Day or were they still churning them out until the last possible moment?

?

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Not sure, probably not that far away!!

Any idea on when they actually stopped making them? Was it prior to D Day or were they still churning them out until the last possible moment?
    I'm unsure how many bayo's were being produced yearly at Chatellerault, but the "v" block, if I am doing the math correctly, would be in the 230,000 range. So, my guess would be that they were still being produced, for a while anyway, after the D-Day landings.

Jim

Quote by Jim P View Post
    I'm unsure how many bayo's were being produced yearly at Chatellerault, but the "v" block, if I am doing the math correctly, would be in the 230,000 range. So, my guess would be that they were still being produced, for a while anyway, after the D-Day landings.

Jim
    Don't take this as gospel because I can't remember 100% where the info came from but I've got written down that the 1943 production for jwh made bayonets ran upto the 'r' block and then in 1944 instead of starting again from scratch they just continued on from the 's' block until production stopped somewhere in the 'v' block?
    Like I said I can't recall where the info came from but it might of been something AndyB did and put up on the 'net a while back??

If starting from scratch then it would of been somewhere like 230,000 like you say but this seems a hell of a lot of bayonets for that stage of the war and also in the time scale of a max of 6 or 7 months maybe, whereas if they did start again at the 's' block then that would of been circa 40,000 bayonets which seems more plausible??

Any thoughts? Would that sound right?

?

Quote by Time Bandit View Post
    Don't take this as gospel because I can't remember 100% where the info came from but I've got written down that the 1943 production for jwh made bayonets ran upto the 'r' block and then in 1944 instead of starting again from scratch they just continued on from the 's' block until production stopped somewhere in the 'v' block?
    Like I said I can't recall where the info came from but it might of been something AndyB did and put up on the 'net a while back??

If starting from scratch then it would of been somewhere like 230,000 like you say but this seems a hell of a lot of bayonets for that stage of the war and also in the time scale of a max of 6 or 7 months maybe, whereas if they did start again at the 's' block then that would of been circa 40,000 bayonets which seems more plausible??

Any thoughts? Would that sound right?
    That very well may be the case, I just had a look at http://k98.free.fr/ and find that of the several bayo's he has posted for that year, the "s" block is the earliest. If anyone would know it would be Andy,

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast