Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K.98 Bayonet...or is it?

Article about: I had a call to go and see a K.98 bayonet and frog that was for sale here on Jersey. It was picked up at the end of the German Occupation and had been in the family since then. I have no dou

Default K.98 Bayonet...or is it?

I had a call to go and see a K.98 bayonet and frog that was for sale here on Jersey. It was picked up at the end of the German Occupation and had been in the family since then. I have no doubt this is how it was picked up and not just mixed up at the time. What would you do...put a proper bayonet in the scabbard or keep it as is?
    All the best,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K.98 Bayonet...or is it?   K.98 Bayonet...or is it?  

K.98 Bayonet...or is it?   K.98 Bayonet...or is it?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K.98 Bayonet...or is it?
    P
    Many

It's a Polish M1930 i think!...

Polish bayonet can't remember the model WP Polish army proof or arsenal stamp some are reworked by Germans by removing muzzle ring and reblueing that one is nice and probably German used especially on Jersey it is typical to find them in a German marked scabbard as the Polish ones were not so heavy duty I have a rework that is blued, muzzle ring removed in a German scabbard like that one and German frog such as the example you show. Germans used a lot of Czech and Polish capture bayonets as period pictures show. You can find the combination you show in George Wheeler's book "Seitengewher 1919 to 1945" timothy

SRB
    ?

more info here : POlish mauser bayonets

Yay or Nay..does it Stay ?..or does it go away to the World bayonets Forum.?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Yay or Nay..does it Stay ?..or does it go away to the World bayonets Forum.?
    Well the frog and scabbard are German, but the bayo is Polish. So a mix match and this is why your name is in Green. 50/50 what to do what to do??????
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Larry it is IMO a Polish model reissued by Germans I have a similar one that is deringed and a darker blueing not all of them were. I would think it fits ok in TR edged weapons. Phil to answer you as Wheeler states in Seitengewher that Polish reissues were usually found in German scabbards and frogs. Both I have had were that way most I have seen were that way usually a trait of German reissue. Surely on such a piece we can attract Fred and Sleepwalker to weigh in. I would like there take. Thanks timothy

Moved to the K98 forum
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello,

this is a polish Wz.29 bayonet... a symplified Wz.28 without fleshguard, indruduced in 1930 and renamed in 1933 to "Wz.29", because of the rifle Modell.

The most of this were captuerd by german troops in 1939 and namend Seitengewehr 139(p). The germans used it with all matching rifles of the mauser System.
    A short series were made in 1942 under german controll out of stock parts. This ones were accepted with WaA 77 and were very rare.

This bayonets were used as they were. Since 1942 a lot of were reworked by bluing or bluing + removing the muzzle ring. Often the scabbard were changend.
    You can find polish bayonets in german and yugoslavian scabbards.

This is a normal Combination of a S 139(p).

Regards
    Last edited by Sleepwalker; 01-22-2015 at 11:38 PM.

here is a "Wz. 29", a former Wz.28 with fleshguard, in "the same" comination.
    The german scabbard was overworked and the number was removed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K.98 Bayonet...or is it?   K.98 Bayonet...or is it?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast