Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

K98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbard

Article about: Forum A recent pick-up. A 41ASW with matching scabbard. The blade looks to be in nice condition. Please share any info or comments you may have. I think I posted it in the correct forum? Gre

Default K98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbard

Forum

A recent pick-up. A 41ASW with matching scabbard. The blade looks to be in nice condition. Please share any info or comments you may have.

I think I posted it in the correct forum?

Green.

K98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbardK98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbard
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbard
    P
    Many

Default Re: K98 bayo 41ASW w/scabbard

Great looking matching numbers 98K bayonet! Blade looks minty! Now where's the leather frog??
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As William said the blade is in great condiction you have a nice one congrats.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Green, a word of caution - these are addictive......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Green, a word of caution - these are addictive......... !
    Perhaps two or three words of caution , as they can be very addictive if you aren't careful . With the one here being a 1941 vintage bayonet from the Hörster firm in Solingen while the quality of the finish was still very close to prewar standards. With Hörster itself being the most prolific of all the makers. FP

A nice "been there" type condition Greenhorn!! nice pick up Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you guys! Glad you enjoy it as I do. Definately has the 'been there' look and the blade suckered me right in when I pulled the two pieces apart, kinda like the adage, can't judge a book by its cover. Glad to see it in my display and as you gentlemen have said, probably not the last.

Thanks
    Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

That's a great bayonet. They are addictive. I wanted one to have in the collection, now I have three. Almost as bad as helmets or EKs.