Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Bayo with a twist

Article about: Hi guys could not resist this for the price 19 euro, claimed to be matching however the zero on the scabbard does not look right and ive never seen a scabbard cut down like this, either i fe

Default K98 Bayo with a twist

Hi guys could not resist this for the price 19 euro, claimed to be matching however the zero on the scabbard does not look right and ive never seen a scabbard cut down like this, either i feel the bayo with the help of a little oil will clean up ok and the frog if original makes it a bargin not in hand yet and these are the best pics available.
    Anyone ever seen a scabbard like this.
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayo with a twist
    P
    Many

?

43asw should be on scabbard backside too, anyway someone cut the scabbard, the frog and bayonet looks ok for 19€ minimal as source of parts.b.r.Andy

?

Most likely the tip of the scabbard was damaged, maybe beyond repair. Or he needed the tip for a sword scabbard. "lets cut the bayonet scabbard "

Cheers guys, when it arrives i will know more, looks like a clean cut too.

Strange to cut the scabbard away like that. I worked in a machine shop years ago ..when the sun was very young and there was a guy there who had a long ballpean hammer and a small tool box. I guess know what happened next and what he did.

There is a reason why scabbards of any type are full length and not open end cut. Would be the same as walking around with an open lock blade in your pocket. Sad to see that scabbard cut away like that.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Exactly, makes no sense does it, however for whatever reason it has been done and it is part of its history i suppose.

So it finally arrives from Spain, a little oil later reveals a decent blade, good wooden grips matching scabbard a genuine frog, so all in all a good deal me thinks.
    damn pity the scabbard is cut i am really tempted to get an old knackered one and have it tacked together at work.
    the frog has makers mark but quite worn and unclear to me. My feeling is this set has been together for some time.
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist
    K98 Bayo with a twist