Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

K98 Bayonet

Article about: Can anyone give information on this bayonet year etc, It is in quite good condition and the scabbard has matching numbers. Thanks for any help z4.

?

Here is my 1936 dated WKC with mounted combat frog. This is the finest 84/98 I own and like yours, condition doesn"t get much better.

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet   K98 Bayonet  

K98 Bayonet   K98 Bayonet  

K98 Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet
    P
    Many

Early S code s84/98 check spine for year as shown in Jim P example. Appears someone has forced it on a brown KS98 frog normally associated with a Luftwaffe dress frog. Should be in combat s84/98 frog to be proper. Nice condition bayonet. timothy

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    Early S code s84/98 check spine for year as shown in Jim P example. Appears someone has forced it on a brown KS98 frog normally associated with a Luftwaffe dress frog. Should be in combat s84/98 frog to be proper. Nice condition bayonet. timothy
    The G is the date code,so the spine wont be marked.........Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

That is a true statement Zwerge for the most part but I have had them that were see Jim P example it looks like 36 or 38 I had one S code marked 36 on spine timothy

?

Quote by timothy View Post
    That is a true statement Zwerge for the most part but I have had them that were see Jim P example it looks like 36 or 38 I had one S code marked 36 on spine timothy
    As far as I know they started stamping the spine dates in 1936,K was `34 and G was `35...not so ?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Mine was as Jim shows S/174 believed to be WKC dated 36 on spine. I guess it gets confusing. timothy

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    As far as I know they started stamping the spine dates in 1936,K was `34 and G was `35...not so ?
    Absolutely true

Jim

Ok Gentlemen my apologies I did not see the G date on his as I re looked there it was so that would be the date on that one any of the S codes are getting harder to find as they were earlier bayonets and I guess just not as many around. timothy

?

Here`s an S code you wont see too often....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Here`s an S code you wont see too often....
    One of those "oddballs" you don"t see too often. Eickhorn used the cof letter code in 1940, but for some reason switched back to the S/172 mid year for a run of around 20,000. Popular belief is to use up left over scabbards.

Love these "oddballs"

Jim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast