Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 bayonet Cof43 without numbers. Helps needed

Article about: Hello, need help with one bayonet, it is clasic K98 bayonet cof43 with waffenant marks, but any numbers or series marks on other side, just clean place, blade is in perfect original conditio

Default K98 bayonet Cof43 without numbers. Helps needed

Hello,
    need help with one bayonet, it is clasic K98 bayonet cof43 with waffenant marks, but any numbers or series marks on other side, just clean place, blade is in perfect original condition...I never find or see something like that, photo I can add, this one is ilustration. Thanks all for help
    Attached Images Attached Images K98 bayonet Cof43 without numbers. Helps needed 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet Cof43 without numbers. Helps needed
    P
    Many

S84/98 bayonets that have WaA (Waffen Amt) marks on the pommel but are without serial numbers are believed to have been taken from the stocks of bayonets under the Portugal contract. Occurred in 1942/43 and believed end user was possibly the German Police. Do you have a scabbard and are there any marks on it?
    As always, multiple photos helps a lot.

Having the same questions - including some more photos to see exactly what's there (or not). From what I've seen with the relatively high polish/finished 1941 Portuguese contract bayonets that most likely seem to have overlapped into 1942 with the deliveries. The Waffenamts seen being either the WaA883 or WaA519 on the pommels (as seen with some other maker 1942 bayonets for the Wehrmacht). Also having seen the Behördenmodell (completely unmarked) bayonets from Eickhorn in the 'mid-war' period with finishing that corresponds to the military contract bayonets from them (verified by an example with a partially erased "cof"). Best Regards, Fred

I expect we will see WaA 519 and wood grips, if we ever get to see any more photos.

Here they are. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet Cof43 without numbers. Helps needed   K98 bayonet Cof43 without numbers. Helps needed  

K98 bayonet Cof43 without numbers. Helps needed  

The mystery deepens a little I think. A 1943 date with a single Waffenamt, and the black/brown Bakelte grips? I may have to take a look at some 43/44 dated examples to compare the machining/tool/finishing etc. marks. Best Regards, Fred

?

Same opinion, should be looked, the grips looks too dark for 1943. b.r.Andy