Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

K98 bayonet,couldnt ship to Germany

Article about: I sold this commercial WKC k98 bayonet,but couldnt ship it to Germany.Well I could but UPS wanted 220.00 to ship it!The post office said it was considered a weapon or weapon part and advised

Default K98 bayonet,couldnt ship to Germany

I sold this commercial WKC k98 bayonet,but couldnt ship it to Germany.Well I could but UPS wanted 220.00 to ship it!The post office said it was considered a weapon or weapon part and advised me not to try it as it may be confiscated and I would be on the "red flag" list.Anyway I refunded the money,will try listing it here.What is the big deal on shipping to Germany,its not a gun.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet,couldnt ship to Germany   K98 bayonet,couldnt ship to Germany  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet,couldnt ship to Germany
    P
    Many

?

I don't know for sure , But if you ship it to the U.K. and then it is reshipped from there you might stand a chance, I did this with a HJ Buckle with a swaz , now the K98 is a weapon so all bets may be off.. Hopefully others will add some substance.. Good luck, G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Sounds like shipping "coals to Newcastle" mate. Germany (or is it nanny state EU ) must have some tough laws regarding importing "war weapons". But you could send that to other countries without problem. I regularly buy from American dealers and they have no problem shipping to the country I live in.

I have seen this matter discussed elsewhere – possibly on Gunboards although I wouldn’t swear to it.

The export of bayonets and numerous other items of military equipment is controlled/prohibited under US Federal Law.

From what I can find by looking at various US Government websites, bayonets appear to fall under Export Control Classification Number 0A918.b.

Therefore it would appear that the Post Office person was correct.

Over the years I purchased a number of bayonets from the US although not recently so I have no current experience.

The list also includes tanks and nuclear weapons - so be careful !

I have no idea on German import laws.