Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Bayonet by E.u.F. Horster

Article about: Updated pictures. K98 Bayonet by E.u.F. Horster with matching numbers. Rossi

?

Default K98 Bayonet by E.u.F. Horster

Updated pictures. K98 Bayonet by E.u.F. Horster with matching numbers.

Rossi

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet by E.u.F. Horster
    P
    Many

Another excellent bayonet. It's possible to find very fine condition S84/98's from that late 1930's to 1941 period when the standard of finish leaving the factory was superb. E.u.F. Horster (an interesting company that was still in business until 1996) was a major producer of the K98 bayonet right until war production ended.
    There's an interesting mark is on the blade spine near the year mark "39". This struck dot may be a quality control mark indicating the bayonet finish or function at initial inspection was not up to standard and returned for finishing or adjustment. Just an opinion, there may be other explanations.
    The frog is another beauty, a very fine condition Luftwaffe contract frog with all marks very clear. Great combination.
    Last edited by Anderson; 01-30-2019 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling

?

Nice S84/98 in LW unit marked frog, II.Battery of Fl.R.44. b.r.Andy
    minus is the sharpened blade on last picture?

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Nice S84/98 in LW unit marked frog, II.Battery of Fl.R.44. b.r.Andy
    minus is the sharpened blade on last picture?
    Lighting on edge and loss of some bluing. But I guess if it would have been sharpened it would make sense & not matter since it is a combat bayonet.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Another excellent bayonet. It's possible to find very fine condition S84/98's from that late 1930's to 1941 period when the standard of finish leaving the factory was superb. E.u.F. Horster (an interesting company that was still in business until 1996) was a major producer of the K98 bayonet right until war production ended.
    There's an interesting mark is on the blade spine near the year mark "39". This struck dot may be a quality control mark indicating the bayonet finish or function at initial inspection was not up to standard and returned for finishing or adjustment. Just an opinion, there may be other explanations.
    The frog is another beauty, a very fine condition Luftwaffe contract frog with all marks very clear. Great combination.
    Not in hand, and if we are talking about the same thing my sense is that the circular indentation next to the date is probably from the wear of a slightly too long scabbard mouthpiece screw. Not uncommon, the screw may have been replaced at some point in time possibly during some kind of process. Best Regards, Fred

?

Same opinion Fred, possible the screw was origin there, and the blade spine was long period pushing on the screw end. The picture nr.5 or d.jpg looks like someone proofed to sharpen it from right side, luckily he dont damaged it heavily. b.r.Andy

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Not in hand, and if we are talking about the same thing my sense is that the circular indentation next to the date is probably from the wear of a slightly too long scabbard mouthpiece screw. Not uncommon, the screw may have been replaced at some point in time possibly during some kind of process. Best Regards, Fred
    You may be right about that Fred, but my sense from the image is the "dot" was struck, note the curled steel around the edge of the circle. Not a mark made by scratching or bumping next to a screw would do to hardened steel I would think. Some force would be needed. Examination of the screw might answer it.

?

I have another example I posted if you look closely there is a less pronounced depression in the same spot. My opinion is it is from the screw. I may be mistaken however.

TWS
    ?

That's just killer Rossi! Love the unit stamp on the frog! Hell, I like all the stamps. That's one of the best stamped frogs I've ever seen.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."