Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 bayonet experimental rubberized canvas Frog

Article about: Hello, Some pictures of my last entry is a rare rubberized canvas with its back, the exceptional presence of a regimental marking ! It is for this type of part of an experimental production

Aws
    ?

Default K98 bayonet experimental rubberized canvas Frog

Hello,

Some pictures of my last entry is a rare rubberized canvas with its back, the exceptional presence of a regimental marking !
    It is for this type of part of an experimental production of the manufacturer Riese Berlin 1941 .
    On this copy is found stamped on his back marking 2 / H.U.V I for 2 Kompanie Heeresunterkunftsverwaltung of an administration responsible for managing the infrastructure ..
    If anyone has additional information on these units I'm interested. This frog was found in Brittany. Perhaps it would be possible to identify and precisely locate this units ?

Regards Aws

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet experimental rubberized canvas Frog
    P
    Many

Hi Aws, .. Interesting example ...maybe due to material shortages and a cheaper variant to use. Sleepwalker and Fred should be able to give more into this frog.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice frogs , the olive LW AK webfrog is too interesting.b.r.Andy

Hello friend, again a nice piece !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

A rare and interesting frog. The webbed frog looks blue instead of green. The blue ones are much rarer than the olive web frogs.

Hello,

2./H.U.V. I is the 2. (Lehr-)Kompnie Heeres-Unteroffiziers-Vorschule of the I. Wehrkreis in Königsberg.

Here are org. pics of members who worne this frog and the frog of this abatement.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet experimental rubberized canvas Frog   K98 bayonet experimental rubberized canvas Frog  

Aws
    ?

Hello Sir
    I don't think about it. It's more logical indeed . Thank you.
    Best regards

The first unit marked one I've seen from a time that saw the discontinuing of major organizational stampings, when I get back from my weekend I will have to dig through my notes. With my immediate recollection being that for some reason I associated these frogs with the German Police that started using substitutes circa 1938, and this maker often associated with other German Police items if my memory hasn't failed me. Best Regards, Fred

Sleepwalker has a gift of Painting Picassos
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

yes of course... :-P

no this is not police Equipment. The frogs of Fischer and Leunert made in the 1930´th years out of composition leather were used by police.
    It is called "Lederaustauschmaterial" und was used by military units. It is not a experimental thing... only a try to spare leather.

This frogs you can also find with added rivets and straps. Typical for a Wehrmacht overhaul.

Regards

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast