Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

k98 bayonet to identify

Article about: Hello camrades, pls help me to identify this nice k98 bayo... No producer marks (at least to my knowledge) - only some skull face and small litera L in the blade! I find it also quite surpri

?

Default Re: k98 bayonet to identify

Hello Bruno, its the same piece as on russian forum? is there any stamp on ball finial of scabbard, the majority of samples without flashguard were exported, the spine letter are well known but link with police are not confirmed.Some exists with police eagle proofs, but they are blued and with flashguard. Evidently is only one, its a german product. But for who is not certain, the deadhead stamp is similar to stamps on early SS rifles, unfortunally from 10 stamps are 9 faked today. best regards,Andy

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement k98 bayonet to identify
    P
    Many

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Hello Bruno, its the same piece as on russian forum? is there any stamp on ball finial of scabbard, the majority of samples without flashguard were exported, the spine letter are well known but link with police are not confirmed.Some exists with police eagle proofs, but they are blued and with flashguard. Evidently is only one, its a german product. But for who is not certain, the deadhead stamp is similar to stamps on early SS rifles, unfortunally from 10 stamps are 9 faked today. best regards,Andy
    Answers to AndyB:
    - I´ve not been in russian forum (could you give me a link?)
    - nothing on ball finial of scabbard

To all the others - thanks a lot, I received some good points!

So, regarding to my slightly misterious bayonet, I can conclude (so far) the next:
    - its definitely german-produced
    - it should be inter-war production
    - it was most probably commercially produced
    - it may belong (or may not) to early WSS

Main question not answered - meaning of absolutely misterious litera "L"on the blade

?

That kind of bayonets was produced without markings for export purposes, the blade's sharpening is a little bit different from the other bayonettes. The scull IMO is a fake.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Thanks for reply, maybe on latvian forum, when i find it i will send You link, the deadhead could be engraved do You have a detailed picture of the stamp?best regards,Andy

?

Thank you, gentlemen,

but I am not concerning so much about that stupid skull / WSS issue...

Question I am really interested in is the meaning of small litera "L"

Pls do not post more comments on this skull - and pls share your ideas on litera "L"

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Thanks for reply, maybe on latvian forum, when i find it i will send You link, the deadhead could be engraved do You have a detailed picture of the stamp?best regards,Andy
    Hello, Andy, -

if this was latvian forum that you was calling as russian one - off course, I am familiar with this (but do not tell to latvians that their forum is russian ).

Exeptionally for you - I will try to find a better camera to make a very special picture on this f...ng deadhead in my bayo

?

Sorry Bruno, as i am on various forums, on 3 russian on lithuanian and latvian, so i could not remember where i saw the piece, certainly i will not say that Latvian are Russians, but on all i speak russian language, to Your bayonet the additional letter is no important as exist some others like o, z, a, inportant is missing of flashguard, You could look under grips about stamping or serialing the parts, when is easy to remove screws, the piece in this configuration could be not used by german units as the flashguard was not there. I will look to my sources as similar deadhead is saw on a dress piece, the marking was engraved and was visible under magnificient glass. best regards,Andy

?

So - grips removed and there is an abbreviation with VR and four-digit number - what does it means?

?

Thanks for more details, the VR is a forging stamp of the blade probably the serial number should be stamped on locking nut, visible by pressing stud on opposite side, as You see there was not a flashguard so its certainly it was destined for other country not germany, the Spain possibility is real, why there is a dedhead i dont know,maybe its engraved like this piece?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 bayonet to identify  

?

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Thanks for more details, the VR is a forging stamp of the blade probably the serial number should be stamped on locking nut, visible by pressing stud on opposite side, as You see there was not a flashguard so its certainly it was destined for other country not germany, the Spain possibility is real, why there is a dedhead i dont know,maybe its engraved like this piece?
    ...can´t say about scull is it engraved or not... What I can say is that scull in your photo is identical with scull in my bayo but (looking through the magnificer) the scull in my bayo seems me more correct - may be it is stamped (not engraved)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast