Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

K98 bayonet Opinions

Article about: Hey guys here is the other Bayonet I bought when I was just starting out and I thought everything was authentic when said by a dealer. Is this possibly a reproduction. Is it throw it out or

Default K98 bayonet Opinions

Hey guys here is the other Bayonet I bought when I was just starting out and I thought everything was authentic when said by a dealer. Is this possibly a reproduction. Is it throw it out or keep it lol. Also the scabbard does not match with the bayonet. Some dumbie also sharpened it so I know that instantly lowers the value if it is authentic and then since it was sharpened you can only assume the initials belong to them too. On the reverse side of the hh the numbers read 4383 or 4388 it is hard to read. Sorry about the quality guys I’m trying to invest in a actual camera instead of just resorting to my phone for pictures. Thank you guys as always.
    Also I forgot to add one wood grip is a bit lighter than the other so maybe a possible replacement?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet Opinions   K98 bayonet Opinions  

K98 bayonet Opinions   K98 bayonet Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet Opinions
    P
    Many

It's hard to read, but my sense is that it's a legitimate 1943 Hörster (asw) that as you say has been sharpened, and its condition is a little rough. As to keeping it or not - if you can find a better example you won't or should not (IMO) lose any sleep over selling or trading it. Best Regards, Fred

Authentic but only fair condition at best, and probably if you are building up a German militaria collection, you would want something better than this.

?

same opinion 43asw, damaged by sharpening, already the blade is as farmer knife. Scabbard is pre 1939 production probably.b.r.Andy