Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

K98 bayonet...pawn shop find

Article about: by warbuff just wondering, what makes the frog harder to find than the bayonet? I am trying to expand my knowledge on bayonets I agree with William..when these bayos were first distributed a

Default K98 bayonet...pawn shop find

Today, while my mom and i were headed home after a hard workout at the gym, I saw a pawn shop on the corner of a street, and having never been in one, I practically begged my mom to stop at the one I saw. Well there wasn't much to see, but when I was taking a look into a case, under a bunch of junk I spotted this beauty! A k98 fireman's dress bayonet!!! And for only 75 dollars it could not get any better...but it did. I got the price down to 50!!! So now this beauty has a place on my shelf beside other bayonets, where it belongs. Hope you guys like it... And remember there is still good stuff out there!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet...pawn shop find   K98 bayonet...pawn shop find  

K98 bayonet...pawn shop find   K98 bayonet...pawn shop find  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet...pawn shop find
    P
    Many

Nice score for $50, as the frog is harder to find than the bayonet, well done!
    cheers, Glenn

?

You got a real good bargain there.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

You bought a frog and he threw in the bayo a scabbard for free! Nice find!

Jim

Thanks for the comments. Does anyone have any idea of the manufacturer? I have never seen that maker mark before.

"Verchrome" is not the makers name. It simply means that the blade was chrome plated. Not all these bayonets were maker marked.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

A beauty piece at a beauty price - Congrats......... !
    Regards,

Steve.

Congrats Warbuff..on a great and super reasonable find cool miltaria. The Bayo and the price are 2 prizes in one. Nice score and thanks for sharing
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Nice score for $50, as the frog is harder to find than the bayonet, well done!
    cheers, Glenn
    just wondering, what makes the frog harder to find than the bayonet? I am trying to expand my knowledge on bayonets

How often do you see a regular bayonet with a frog? Same concept...they were made of leather, dried,rotted,fell apart...that, and many GI's found it easier to hang up and display if they took off the leather belt hanger and tossed them away...The dress bayonets took their own special frogs and unlike the combat bayonets that were produced in the zillions, the dress bayos were much more limited in numbers...You can likely find a combat bayonet frog easily enough if you need one, but to find a Dress frog is not so easy..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast