Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 Bayonet Question

Article about: Hello Friends, I have come across a bayonet for sale for a K98 rifle. I am sorry but I do not have any pictures. But, I do have a lot of information about the piece and would be pleased if s

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    William, From what I seem to be seeing in the images there are some fairly noticeable condition issues that could make it difficult in the future if you decided to upgrade (or sell/trade) the bayonet, which also applies to the frog. Understanding that everyone has their own standards, but that is the advice I would give to a local collector with a comparable bayonet/frog if I was asked (unless it was correspondingly priced). Best Regards, Fred
    Thanks so much for your reply Fred, the price is $100. I know the issue with the frog, he said the leather is very dry. What other issues do you see from the limited pictures? I thought the price was very reasonable.

William

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet Question
    P
    Many

Good price that,
    everyone has a different taste regards condition my advice if you like it, buy it for that kind of money you can not go wrong, regards dry frogs i have a few too and would welcome advice to preserve them a little better.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Good price that,
    everyone a different taste regards condition my advice if you like it, buy it fr that kind of money you can not go wrong, regards dry frogs i have a few too and would welcome advice to preserve them a little better.
    Thanks Greatwhite! I thought it was a very good price. I am hoping to see it in person today and make a decision.

The maker of the frog is W. Linnert Bielefeld.

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    The maker of the frog is W. Linnert Bielefeld.
    Thank You Sleepwalker. Do you recognize the placement of the stamp? Was this a common frog for a "COF" bayonet? Any help is greatly appreciated. I love learning the history of these items.

William

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Thanks Greatwhite! I thought it was a very good price. I am hoping to see it in person today and make a decision.
    William, What I would be looking at first in person are three of the things that seem to be in the images. Not necessarily in order, what looks to be heavy rust on the pommel(?), little or no finish on the blade(?) as compared to the light reflections on the pommel and scabbard, and the bottom of the scabbard with some heavy pitting(?). Understanding that even enhanced digital imaging is not the same thing as in person.

Along with my thanks to Sleepwalker for the ID of the maker - and from what I've seen, the name of the frog maker and placement of stamps having no bearing on the bayonet maker. I hope this helps. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet Question   K98 Bayonet Question  

Attached Images Attached Images K98 Bayonet Question 

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    William, What I would be looking at first in person are three of the things that seem to be in the images. Not necessarily in order, what looks to be heavy rust on the pommel(?), little or no finish on the blade(?) as compared to the light reflections on the pommel and scabbard, and the bottom of the scabbard with some heavy pitting(?). Understanding that even enhanced digital imaging is not the same thing as in person.

Along with my thanks to Sleepwalker for the ID of the maker - and from what I've seen, the name of the frog maker and placement of stamps having no bearing on the bayonet maker. I hope this helps. Best Regards, Fred
    Again, many thanks Fred.

William

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Thank You Sleepwalker. Do you recognize the placement of the stamp? Was this a common frog for a "COF" bayonet? Any help is greatly appreciated. I love learning the history of these items.

William
    Hello,

yes the place and form of the maker and spezific Details.

No, a bayonet maker has not a favorit frog maker. It was only happenstance. The frog and the bayonet came out oft different sources abd were put together by the soldier.

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hello,

yes the place and form of the maker and spezific Details.

No, a bayonet maker has not a favorit frog maker. It was only happenstance. The frog and the bayonet came out oft different sources abd were put together by the soldier.
    Many Thanks,

William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2