Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 Bayonet R.B.Nr. 0/1001/0038 frog authenticity

Article about: What mentioned Sleepwalker about the production year looks logical, as there is RBNr. it should not have any other stamps. same as in one row with date, i personally doubt about czech maker

?

What mentioned Sleepwalker about the production year looks logical, as there is RBNr. it should not have any other stamps. same as in one row with date, i personally doubt about czech maker marking.
    Other way the Maker 0/1001/0038 is Lederfabrik Fr. Vogel Mattighofen. is not fully corespondable for the area of Wienna by the RBNr research, as Mattighofen is in area of Braunau am Inn in Oberoesterreich.not very near to Wienna.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet R.B.Nr. 0/1001/0038 frog authenticity
    P
    Many

Hello Andy,

I will look at my research later today when I get back, but the tentative connection was made using as I recall the CZ 27 pistol holsters. But that may be in error so I will have to double check the information.

Best Regards, Fred

I checked my notes with one set of which shows early use (1939/40) of the WaA721 Waffenamts in the area of the Rhineland. But then there are the 1943/44 dated EZGJ WaA721 marked Czech CZ 27 pistol holsters. And the 1942/43 dated K98k rifle slings by von Waldow in Prag (CZ). And we know that the WaA Inspectorates were responsible for besides the larger factories, entire geographic areas. And that some of them moved around. So for the moment I'm going to stay with my earlier conclusion as EZGJ being a marking from a maker located in Czechoslovakia. And if the "0/1001/0038 is Lederfabrik Fr. Vogel" as possibly being disputed, it goes back into the 'needs further clarification' category. Best Regards, Fred

Hello,

/1250/ is the regional code of the area of Klattau in Böhmen. There were leather fabrics, one of them was the maker: Singer Klattau

Regards

Yes, Gottlieb Singer was a well known leather goods maker in the Klattau area from the Imperial (Austro-Hungarian) times to the TR era. Best Regards, Fred

Hello, yes but in this case it is not Singer... Singer used the RBNr. 0/1250/0017. But 0/1250/0011 must be a maker out of the same region.

Hello, and thank you, as that was understood for the region. With the maker on the differently dated items like the holsters, ammunition pouches, and the frog posted of course being EZGJ - not Singer. Best Regards, Fred

?

For me looks like the EZGJ remain a shortage not maker in connection to date, most likely protektorat located, when 1250 is correct for the area.The maker was already destined by R.B.Nr code.The moved WaA is probably not a problem here. Other question is how was diverted Ostmark to different areas and codes for them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2