Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

k98 bayonet rare

Article about: nemo me impune lacessit .why the German bayonets SCOTLAND motto? found in the attic Kurland

Default k98 bayonet rare

nemo me impune lacessit .why the German bayonets SCOTLAND motto?
    found in the attic Kurland
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 bayonet rare   k98 bayonet rare  

k98 bayonet rare  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement k98 bayonet rare
    P
    Many

That is a good question I guess maybe a Scottish soldier captured it? Salty of combat s84/98 with so called Calvary frog what is the blade like? and maker? matching SN or not. timothy

?????????????????????/bayo german ww2....kurland...Where from here SCOTISH?

Why would this be a Calvary frog? Seems the same frog as on any bayo I ever had.

foto
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 bayonet rare   k98 bayonet rare  

k98 bayonet rare   k98 bayonet rare  

k98 bayonet rare  

About the motto on the found bayonet, it turns out it was not only in use in Scotland.
    Here is what I found about the motto;

Armed forces units elsewhere have also adopted this historic motto. In Australia, members of Heavy Weapons Platoon (DFSW) of the 3rd battalion (PARA) Royal Australian Regiment proudly use this motto as a symbol of platoon brotherhood and bonds forged in service together, the motto was also used by the Victoria Scottish Regiment, which subsequently became 5th Battalion Royal Victoria Regiment (RVR) which now forms one of the rifle companies of the RVR. (The motto is also used by the RVR Pipes and Drums Association). The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada, a reserve infantry regiment of the Canadian Forces, also bears this motto. (The motto appearing upon the regimental cap badge).

The motto is also that of the Cape Town Highlanders Regiment, a reserve mechanised infantry unit of South African Army. In Belgium, the 1st Squadron (Belgium) of the Belgian Air Force bear the motto, so too the 1st Battalion 24th Marines of the United States Marine Corps.

for the soldier trophy?

We did not have to USA ENGLISH AUSTRALIA troops.KURLAND BATTLE

Seeing as no-one has yet translated the Latin motto "Nemo me impune lacessit", allow me to assist. It means "No one attacks me with impunity."

Carry on chaps.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

all know what it means heheh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast