Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog

Article about: Here is my new bayonet marked S 245 G (made by J.Sch.) with scabbard and frog - both unmarked. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks !

Default K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog

Here is my new bayonet marked S 245 G (made by J.Sch.) with scabbard and frog - both unmarked.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog   K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog  

K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog   K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog  

K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog   K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Bayonet S 245 G w/scabbard and frog
    P
    Many

?

Nice early bayo! Most likely reworked/refinished in the 42-43 years (my opinion). That also could have been when it got paired with the scabbard. Originally would have had wood grips and the "plum" colored finish seems to be a fairly common occurrence in the 1942-43 era, at least that is what I have noticed over the years. Have a look at the ball finial and see if there might be a waffenamt stamp on it.

Nice bayo!
    Jim

?

I didn't notice the 1st time around, is the scabbard painted?

Jim

Nice early S code wartime rework I too think. timothy

Quote by Jim P View Post
    I didn't notice the 1st time around, is the scabbard painted?

Jim
    Thanks, there is no stamp on the ball finial and the finish on the scabbard is paint, but original.

like it.

Agreed as stated above. Refurbished and as Jim P. stated, would have originally been fitted with wood grip scales. The scabbard may be an unmarked replacement finished in what appears to be a glossy black paint at some point. Thanks for posting .....

Hello,

yes the bayonet was refreshed in the years 1942/43... you can see at the typical red bluing. This is not the original bluing.

Regards

Thank you all for help !