Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

K98 bayonet, thoughts?

Article about: Hey guys! What you think Real? Thanks! Annoyed from this ads?  

Default K98 bayonet, thoughts?

Hey guys! What you think Real? Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet, thoughts?   K98 bayonet, thoughts?  

K98 bayonet, thoughts?   K98 bayonet, thoughts?  

K98 bayonet, thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet, thoughts?
    P
    Many

Looks like a nice complete rig.
    Steve

Very nice bayonet. ASW stands for the maker E.& F. Horster, Solingen

SRB
    ?

who is SCABBARD maker?

Generally the maker is marked im the superior rear part of the scabbard, so in this case is covered by the bayonet frog. To see the marking is necessary to remove the frog. Looking better I can see that bayonet serial number and scabbard serial number are not the same. So the scabbard is not "born" with the bayonet. Than I am not sure that the finishing of the bayonet is original.Probably restored. The piece looks fine to me but I have seen many bayonets in perfect conditions, but not so perfect like this. Any signs of normal use on the blade...if you extract the bayonet from the scabbard for several times, the finishing can't be so perfect yet....is very strange on my opinion

Quote by stahlelm16 View Post
    Generally the maker is marked im the superior rear part of the scabbard, so in this case is covered by the bayonet frog. To see the marking is necessary to remove the frog. Looking better I can see that bayonet serial number and scabbard serial number are not the same. So the scabbard is not "born" with the bayonet. Than I am not sure that the finishing of the bayonet is original.Probably restored. The piece looks fine to me but I have seen many bayonets in perfect conditions, but not so perfect like this. Any signs of normal use on the blade...if you extract the bayonet from the scabbard for several times, the finishing can't be so perfect yet....is very strange on my opinion
    Thanks for the info every one! There is wear on the bayonet from coming in and out of the scabbard does not come out well in pictures. The frog is pretty fragile so I have not tried to remove it.

?

My matching 43 ASW has the red bakelite type grips. My serial number is 5315. I'm not sure your grips are correct. I will have to look into that.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Looks to be re-blued, probably by Yugoslavia judging by the new serial number stamped on the scabbard frog stud. Does the crossguard (the piece between the grip and the blade) have a number stamped onto it?

Jim

The bayo looks fine, but as said the scabbard is Yugoslavian or czech reissue.

?

Quote by LeonardoL View Post
    The bayo looks fine, but as said the scabbard is Yugoslavian or czech reissue.
    What about the grips?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast