Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

K98 bayonet, thoughts?

Article about: Hey guys! What you think Real? Thanks! Annoyed from this ads?  

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    What about the grips?
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    They look german, i personaly dont have a problem with mixed parts since they did that. As for "fine"; i was thinking not a reissue.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 bayonet, thoughts?
    P
    Many

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Looks to be re-blued, probably by Yugoslavia judging by the new serial number stamped on the scabbard frog stud. Does the crossguard (the piece between the grip and the blade) have a number stamped onto it?

Jim
    I got this bayonet with a set of three k98s I bought. They are are all Yugo capture k98s. So makes sense.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Looks to be re-blued, probably by Yugoslavia judging by the new serial number stamped on the scabbard frog stud. Does the crossguard (the piece between the grip and the blade) have a number stamped onto it?

Jim
    I will have to check when I get home.

Quote by SRB View Post
    who is SCABBARD maker?
    I don't know will have to check later today.

?

I don't necessarily have a problem with the grips either, but the bayo has seen a reblue as well, way to dark for a 43 dated Horster.

Jim

Hello,
    The bayonet has been redone (bleuing). If german the wooden grips have been redone also (IMO).
    The only "acceptable" digits stamped as serial number on the scabbard frog stud are the ones from the prewar portuguese contract. For our members to know, some undelivered bayonets of the 1939 portuguese contract were seized on german soldiers during the liberation of Paris (i know two of them).
    The leather retaining strap with brass stud is also bad.... IMO postwar addition...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    The bayonet has been redone (bleuing). If german the wooden grips have been redone also (IMO).
    The only "acceptable" digits stamped as serial number on the scabbard frog stud are the ones from the prewar portuguese contract. For our members to know, some undelivered bayonets of the 1939 portuguese contract were seized on german soldiers during the liberation of Paris (i know two of them).
    The leather retaining strap with brass stud is also bad.... IMO postwar addition...
    Thanks
    Very cool thanks! So the frog itself is ok? Just the retaining strap is bad?

Default Scabbard

Here we have the scabbard. Also last picture is the rivet holding onto the loop. On the frog.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 bayonet, thoughts?   K98 bayonet, thoughts?  

K98 bayonet, thoughts?  

I have a 42asw It has a black bakelite grips

my 42 asw has about 85% of the original bluing, pretty sure it was re blued-just my take . but its real

?

I appreciate the info shared on this one but would like to get a little clarification on what type of grip material should be on a 43asw. I understand that "Refurbs" were done during the war. But what was the exact/correct grip material during 1943 manufacturing process? I would like to hear what is the correct , out of the factory description of this manufacture and year.
    I also have to add that my 43asw is one of those that has the matching serial #'s on the scabbard but marked as 44asw on the scabbard. I know the story about the markings but would like to hear about my question above about the grip material used for these. So what can the Bayo experts add to this grip material question?
    Semper Fi
    Phil

l

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast