Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSO

Article about: This is the bayonet that came in the grouping I posted that was in the wrong scabbard. This one is lonely as it lacks a scabbard. The blade length is 9 3/4" so it is not the sorter vers

Default K98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSO

This is the bayonet that came in the grouping I posted that was in the wrong scabbard. This one is lonely as it lacks a scabbard. The blade length is 9 3/4" so it is not the sorter version if I am correct. The red felt insert indicates Heer. It looks like a good original from other examples I have seen. Is there anyway to get a approximate year from the changes to the ALCOSO logo? I am also on the hunt for a scabbard. I have checked some of my common resources. Does anyone have a good resource to pick up a scabbard? Am I correct the dress version used the same scabbard as the combat version? The frogs would have been a smooth texture leather and not the standard combat from. All opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

K98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSOK98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSOK98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSOK98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSOK98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSOK98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSO

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Dress Bayonet ALCOSO
    P
    Many

?

Hey John, Here is a nice luftwaffe example from Paul’s site with an etched blade.http://rivervalleymilitaria.com/product/bd-186/

Another example Wittmann has: Wittmann Militaria #30621C Dress Long Bayonet - Alcoso

Mine is here and is a short fireman’s sawback model: Fireman’s Short Sawback Bayonet

I emailed you on my thoughts on where to find a scabbard and maybe a frog. Good luck.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

It's a nice tidy example with good plating. A shame it's lost it's scabbard. The Alcoso logo is the one used between 1937-39. The KS98 parade scabbard is quite different to the combat version with a black painted finish and other differences. You might be able to source one at an auction, frog should be patent leather without rivets and will likely have a cracked surface finish now.

Thanks you for the replies and information. Much Appreciated.
    I did geet your email Rossi. Thank you.
    John