MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 Dress bayonet in combat?

Article about: I moved these last few posts to its own thread and into the K98 forum as This subject does not belong in the SS forum. The subject of what looks to be a dress bayonet in combat should make f

Default Re: K98 Dress bayonet in combat?

Thanks for the response, and the addition of the photos which are new to me. Just from my own perspective, I would be interested in the captions and possibly their accuracy. Also having I think some pictures of non-standard bayonets in use at different times and places. Some of which seem to have been posed or taken during different period training exercises with the men manning or handling different types of crew served weapons in clean uniforms, and lacking some of the other miscellaneous gear that is usually seen with many period combat photos. Best Regards, Fred

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Dress bayonet in combat?
    P
    Many

the pictures are originals without any inscription. I know more, but they are in the property of other collectors.

if you mean captured bayonets... this were during the war more and more standard. This was normal.

Extra-Bayonets, normaly, were not allowed to be used in service.

Regards

I agree ringed chezk VZ bayonet finished in white in photo of SS trooper helping other one interesting photos of KS98 in service. I have seen other photo's unknown wheather actually in combat or as above states not KS98 usually walking out pictures. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2