Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 Matching Numbers

Article about: Saw this K98 with matching numbers near me and wonder what people's opinions are. Authentic? Condition? He is asking \\$175 OBO, what would people offer? Thanks, William

?

Not a bad looking matching set, but like mentioned, No Frog, there is some slight corrosion on the scabbard, Start at $75 and then haggle up to $100.

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Matching Numbers
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Wow...am I that off? I only have a few of these. Only one is matching but I've seen them in the past at $150 to $175 range.

Got to get back in the game.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Wow...am I that off? I only have a few of these. Only one is matching but I've seen them in the past at $150 to $175 range.

Got to get back in the game.

M
    You are right, they do go for 150-175, although getting a great deal never hurts. I have one I just picked up that I have priced at 145.

Quote by SRB View Post
    Matching numbers ar ok, but price for asw ..... no like.i think on ebay you can find a better offer
    What is it about an "ASW" that you do not like? I do not know anything about asw. Please inform.

Thanks,

William

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    What is it about an "ASW" that you do not like? I do not know anything about asw. Please inform.

Thanks,

William
    IMO it comes down to condition and rarity. That said, "asw" is a very common maker as compared to say a bayonet from: "bym" or "cqh", with what AZPhil said I think about where I would be starting myself. Realizing of course that where you live can make a tremendous difference in price, and eBay all over the place (IMO). PS: I've seen the higher prices for comparable items where I'm at, but at the end of the day they are still sitting on tables. Best Regards, Fred

?

Frogprince, I agree... Location, and shipping can literally kill a sale.. I recently sent an item to a fellow member and the asking price was actually lower than the shipping price.. I opted for 3 day delivery and it arrived safe though.. Just my two cents... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Frogprince, I agree... Location, and shipping can literally kill a sale.. I recently sent an item to a fellow member and the asking price was actually lower than the shipping price.. I opted for 3 day delivery and it arrived safe though.. Just my two cents... G
    lol...I was just shipping a lid overseas. Fed Ex and UPS wanted over $200 to ship, post office was $80. All more then the cost of the item itself
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

For point of reference 'asw' belongs to the EF Horster company seen here . scroll down to the 4th section
    k98 bayonets data and registry

and also here in a pinned thread here https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...s-rbnr-233978/
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2