Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Mauser bayonet with scabbard. Fake?

Article about: hi guys! need some help here. i came across this bayonet, not sure if it real. it has W. Bentrup & Sohne Paderborn-Soest markings. here are some pictures.

Default K98 Mauser bayonet with scabbard. Fake?

hi guys! need some help here. i came across this bayonet, not sure if it real. it has W. Bentrup & Sohne Paderborn-Soest markings.
    here are some pictures.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Mauser bayonet with scabbard. Fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: K98 Mauser bayonet with scabbard. Fake?

Looks good to me. What makes you think it's a fake.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

In case you are unaware, this is a dress bayonet for parade use... NOT a combat bayonet.

thanks! just want to be 100% sure

thanks...

Looks like an obscure maker from central Germany area, as this is the area where Paderborn is located but I have no listing for this maker. Is there any other markings on the blade? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

IMO this is not maker mark,but Distributor marking

Regards
    Stingray

?

This popped up when I googled the marking.
    WWII GERMAN K-98 Dress Bayonet W. BENTRUP & SOHNE WW2

Thanks Phil for the link which points in a direction that there was a maker / distributor..but for those who are knolwedgeable in the metal aspect..take a look at the first photo as it looks like the crossguard silvering is missing on that one spot. Is this normal for these K98 type bayonets. That spot of greyness looks unusual. Comments? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

the fittings are plated and some is lifting off. that is what i believe is seen on the cross guard.