Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

k98 slanted wood handles

Article about: This is a Belgian M1924 bayonet: And these is Belgian M24 "export bayonet": Maybe it's the Belgian M24 export bayonet, captured and remodeled by TR? But compound blade with crossgu

This is a Belgian M1924 bayonet:

k98 slanted wood handles

And these is Belgian M24 "export bayonet":

k98 slanted wood handles

Maybe it's the Belgian M24 export bayonet, captured and remodeled by TR?
    But compound blade with crossguard is Austro Hungarian/Czechoslovakia model, not Export M24 model.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 02-05-2014 at 08:10 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement k98 slanted wood handles
    P
    Many

Not that it really changes the problem facing Jim Stocc - I think that a few more pictures might be helpful in determining the maker of the bayonet. Not used as a basic rifle system by Belgium, FN manufactured quite a few clones of the Czech Vz. 24 (and some other types) for its export customers in competition with CZ in Czechoslovakia. From the M 24L bayonet for Lithuania that was an almost exact copy of the Czech Vz. 23 (just a slightly longer version of the Vz. 24) to a number of others that might have downturned blades or some other differences. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 slanted wood handles  

Does not solve the problem, maybe, but brings us back to Czechoslovakia.

VZ24 edge down:

k98 slanted wood handlesk98 slanted wood handles

Compound of blade with a handle is Czechoslovakia, the underside of the handle is wavy, and the last side is tilted.

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 02-06-2014 at 07:29 AM.

Quote by Rancid66 View Post
    Does not solve the problem, maybe, but brings us back to Czechoslovakia.

VZ24 edge down:

Regards
    Vedran
    Totally agree with you and Fred his grips won't fit this bayonet without some work I suspose. timothy

Aside from some possible differences in manufacturing (ie: tool marks, small details) sometimes there are multiple ways to try and differentiate the bayonets from the different makers. And while it's not necessarily a 100% rule, generally most export model CZ bayonets will have the "ČSZ" marking on the ricasso, or possibly a "Circle/Z". And depending on the request of the country placing the order. You might end up with a long bright finish bayonet with the blade cutting edge down, and a staple type of frog attachment instead of a hook - like this (serial numbered to the rifle) 98/29 bayonet from CZ. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture k98 slanted wood handles  

?

Vedran is wrong on this the picture bayonet is a peruvian M1935 made by FN, a copy of czechoslovak Vz.24 bayonet.It should be serialed on pommel, the first one offcourse i meaned the M24 export.

Bayonet FN1935 made for export to Peru has a has a different bracket handles, from bayonet that show in my post.

Export FN1935:

Bayonet that show in my post:

k98 slanted wood handles

Regards
    Vedran

Quote by AndyB View Post
    Vedran is wrong on this the picture bayonet is a peruvian M1935 made by FN, a copy of czechoslovak Vz.24 bayonet.It should be serialed on pommel, the first one offcourse i meaned the M24 export.
    Does the Peruvian model have the sharp side facing up like the Czek CZ or pointing down? I do not think I have examined one come to think of it. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Does the Peruvian model have the sharp side facing up like the Czek CZ or pointing down? I do not think I have examined one come to think of it. timothy
    Timothy, Both FN and CZ made rifles (and/or carbines) for the South American market with a fairly large number of users. With the FN manufactured Peruvian M 1935 a "short" rifle (ie: 24" barrel) that had some of the characteristics of the CZ - Vz. 1924 rifle as well as some noticeable differences. With the bayonet (to my best recollection) not being marked like the rifles, but more generic (unmarked) with a down turned blade. With my best recollection also being that the CZ bayonets also (as a standard) had a straight lower section type of grip, versus the lower portion filled out to conform to the hand like the 98K (S. 84/98). Best Regards, Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images k98 slanted wood handles 

?

The picture of OldSmithy shows the most real peruvian M1935 FN made, it could be the screws are changed. but the differences between Czechoslovak production and FN are large, mainly visible on shape of pommel, crossguard, blade sharpening, on form of push button and locking nut, same as on scabbard mouth area and ball finial.No way this is a czechoslovak product. There should be serialing on pommel. The czechoslovak peruvian contract has edge down configuration but is quite rare to find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2