Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98

Article about: i baught this one for \\$75 at a military gun show this past weakend in Kentucky, US

Default Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98

i baught this one for $75 at a military gun show this past weakend in Kentucky, US
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98   Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98  

Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98   Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98  

Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98   Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Kar98 bayo for Transisional Gew98

Hello looks like nice SG84/98 marked WKC, probably made in 1939, should be 39 on spine of blade, with missmatched scabbard, do You know what for maker is on hidden part of mouthpiece? the frog is late war RBNr. piece. good deal for 75 bucks.best regards,Andy
    PS i dont see any links to upgraded Gew98. rifles?

thanks for the help andy hears my rifle https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...17-1920-a.html

?

Yes the rifle is a WW1,Weimar piece reworked in 1934 in Mauser plant probably, i would preffer on this rifle a blued SG84/98 nA with 1920 on cg, or a WuK production, best regards,Andy

hi andy ya its got a 39 on the spine not sure what you mean about the mark on hiden mouthpiece.
    also on the other side of the scaberd it has a cof with 44 under it
    on the latch piec where the fiting slides in when pushed out it says 1490
    and under the right eagle the last four out of five or six is 4253
    and i new to bayonets so could you tell me what the abraveations mean like WKC and the others

?

WKC is Weyersberg Kirshbaum & Cie ( company ).COF 44 is the code for Carl Eickhorn 1944. (mark on hidden mouthpiece ).
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Zwerge gave all info, only to add both firms are located to Solingen, i believe the frog was there probably is correct for late war Eickhorn scabbard, the bayonet is missmatched. best regards,Andy
    PS the acceptance is probably twice WaA253 on pommel.

thanks a lot guys and andy i got an eye piece magnifien glass and it is WaA253
    but agin i am new to the bayonets so could you tell me what the signiffigence of an Eickhorn scabarrd anad how can you tell if the bayonet is missmatched other than the #s not matching the scabarrd
    i would also like to know what you guys think it might be worth

?

By matching piece You should have on bayonet cof44 and same serial number like on scabbard, by capturing of items by german soldiers, they mainly gave the bayonets from scabbards and then removed the frog with scabbard from belt, by this i assume was many time realised the missmatching, same like when GIs looked to their win and changed the bad piece with nice one wiout looking for numbers.You pay a well good price. best regards,Andy

thanks for all your help guys
    matt