Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Ks98 (1)

Article about: Please tell me the originality of the subject. I would be very grateful for all the answers.

I would also agree with Anderson that this has been post war produced as the last service entry for Carl Schmidt was in 1950 when Kuno Ritter took over the business and carried on into the year 2000.

Schmidt made during the the TR period SA, HJ , NSKK ..and had a license for RZM daggers and an SS RZM contract number 1222/39 SS.
    As of the year 2000 according to Anthony Carter ..Schmidt was offering a range of stainless steel professional knives .,, cleavers, and steels with Rosewood handles.

The Knife posted above is and could be a recent as of this new century and aligns with Andersons thoughts that this knife is without a rifle slot.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ks98 (1)
    P
    Many

Post war (1950's) some of the makers were probably still using parts left over from the TR era. I don't have a firm position on the rivets on this knife ( it's not really a bayonet without a mortice slot), but do believe it was made post WW2.

Dok
    ?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Post war (1950's) some of the makers were probably still using parts left over from the TR era. I don't have a firm position on the rivets on this knife ( it's not really a bayonet without a mortice slot), but do believe it was made post WW2.
    Thank you for your opinion. I found another bayonet of this manufacturer. Is this also post-war?
    Ks98 (1)
    Ks98 (1)

Dok
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post

The Knife posted above is and could be a recent as of this new century and aligns with Andersons thoughts that this knife is without a rifle slot.

Regards Larry
    Larry, let me disagree with you. Who told you that the bayonet does not have a slot for a rifle?
    Ks98 (1)
    Ks98 (1)
    And this knife cannot be this new century as the trademark of this company is different
    Ks98 (1)
    Ks98 (1)
    Last edited by Dok; 02-20-2020 at 08:53 PM.

A Carl Schmidt maker mark on on post war made KS 98

Ks98 (1)

A Third Reich era Fire bayonet made by Carl Schmidt

Ks98 (1)

Dok
    ?

"A Carl Schmidt maker mark on on post war made KS 98"
    I wonder - where does this information come from?
    The mark on the knife of the Hitler Jugend
    Ks98 (1)

Hi Dok
    thankyou for the extra photos they really help.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Dok
    ?

Hi Larry. Thank you very much for the information . Until this time, I heard about this only a little bit. Now I know more. My opinion is that this bayonet was made at the end of the war. They are very rare. One, two and all. Maybe single instances were made to order, probably before 1950. This manufacturer later had a different trademark.

Dok
    ?

Anderson also thank you very much for the information

One problem is that there seems to be no clear information on what date the trade marks changed. It's possible the type used during the War years was used for a few years post war. What exactly is the date the "late trademark" began? No one seems to know. What we can do is look at the overall knife or bayonet and it's style, materials and features and then make an opinion based on those facts. The picture I posted on #15 is from a thread in this forum, you could search it. In your example (post #1) the absence of a locking button on a military KS98 would suggest "post war", also the blade fitting and width is a little unusual.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast