Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

KS98 Single Etch Bayo - Eickhorn

Article about: Hey Guys, I was looking through the threads on etched bayonets. Here are some pictures of mine. Have had this for over 15 years in our collection. I have had it looked at by multiple dealers

?

Thanks for reply Harryamb2... Not looking to buy it. Already own it. Acquired by my Grandfather & I while in Germany over 12 years ago. Just thought I would share it on WRF in the k98 forum sub folder. Not worried about this one being a copy / repro. I think we all of course always have the "Spurious" antenna up anytime looking at Third Reich Militaria. It think if they are all copies our hobby could be done for

If I would not have been there to meet the German Soldier's Family my Grandmother knew from being a warbride and knowing the other items we procured that day I might be worried. I have not bought anything new for the collection in 5 years roughly. Just finally getting everything organized after 30 years of collecting on my website and joining the forum. Still have more to work to do yet. My Grandfather & I also collected and hoarded tons of US Militaria from WWII that I have not even touched yet.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    my advice is if you like it and the price is right get it.but treat them all as copies.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KS98 Single Etch Bayo - Eickhorn
    P
    Many

?

In case I am MIA for a few days. Me and my bow have a date with a large whitetail buck and I will be out of pocket in da woods until next week deer / archery hunting. Until later my friends. Venison sausage and beer anyone?

Semper Fi!

Rossi

?

Here it is . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KS98 Single Etch Bayo - Eickhorn   KS98 Single Etch Bayo - Eickhorn  

KS98 Single Etch Bayo - Eickhorn   KS98 Single Etch Bayo - Eickhorn  

?

Rossi I'm trying my best to get out . I broke my sight on my bow last year and haven't had the time to really sight it in this year. I've seen a couple nice ones but no slammers this year. Gary

?

Rossi im no expert on etched bayonet blades so i cant mak a valuable contribution to this thread, but i like the way you researched this type of blade.
    Research pays off in the end

Regards,
    Ger

Good Hunt!

?

After doing some digging, you are correct about the squared off bookend on the short, 20cm blade. It sounds like you have done your due diligence in regards to research and you have the advantage of having it in hand. Studying the etch and comparing it to others I have on file, I would have to agree with you. I can't comment on the gold wash as it really doesn't show up on my screen. The frog is very nice to have with this set up, very desirable and hard to find!

Jim

p.s. Let us know how the hunt goes. Perfect weather for it around here right now, til late morning, then it's still getting hot.

?

Just got home Gary. Shot a little 8 and a nice Doe so vension summer sausage and jerky here we go!!! Enjoy the time hunting. Precious get away with my Dad every year to Missouri. Big deer down there.

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Rossi I'm trying my best to get out . I broke my sight on my bow last year and haven't had the time to really sight it in this year. I've seen a couple nice ones but no slammers this year. Gary

?

Thanks Jim,

Got a little 8 with a big body and a doe so vension processing for the next few days. Dad has a homemade smoker and some good sausage recipes from Italy and Germany. recious times with Dad each year. Thanks for your feedback my friend. Appreciate you guys!

Rossi

?

Rossi I hear you I look forward all year to go hunting with my dad. Congratulations on the 8 pt and doe . Gary do we have photos.

About all I can add is super nice condition KS98 short model with proper KS98 frog as said etch's are tough I personally avoid them unless I have one with solid pedigree and know where it came from Wayne Techt has a tremendous book on them I haven't studied it much I like etches and all KS98's but there are a lot of copies of them Nice piece anyway by me. timothy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast