Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch

Article about: Hello my friends, here is something from my bayonet collection. I think it is interesting late war produced bayonet for K98 rifle. Condition is not the best in the world, but I like it, I do

Default Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch

Hello my friends, here is something from my bayonet collection. I think it is interesting late war produced bayonet for K98 rifle. Condition is not the best in the world, but I like it, I don´t have so many K 98 bayonets so I like this one. Bayonet has only one waffenampt marking, on the blade is "crs 44" and on other site is "9143" and below is "i". Scabbard is very nice, but unfortunately from different vintage. I don´t know how, but I received this bayonet with this scabbard and this one was from one old collector. Grips on bayonet is also very interesting with very poor quality. I hope you enjoy photos of this still nice bayonet.

Regards Peter
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch   Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch  

Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch   Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch  

Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch   Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Late K 98 Bayonet market "crs 44" - mismatch
    P
    Many

Nice later war s84/98 Petercollector by crs (Paul Weyersberg&Cie) looks like missing some blueing I have some like that still a nice representative piece. timothy

Hi Timothy, thanks for your reply, I know that this bayonets are quite common, but most of them, including this I have in my collection from my childhood so that is why I like them. Soon I try to send more bayonets for K 98, but certainly each saw combat, so condition are not the best...

Regards Peter

That's right Peter I think so many that want the mint and matching don't realize the combat these went through and although it is nice to find them they are in the minority. timothy

Equipment gets lost or dropped during any moment of confusion whether moving troops..or battle attack. Another is always found along the way and inserted onto the bayo or scabbard. It is the same configuration in fitting..but we collector "purists" like everything matching..including myself... Still a good bayo..a little salty..but it has that been there look to it. Nice find regardless the mismatched numbers. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A nice representative piece, and it has certainly the "been there" look.
    Something I personally appreciate.

Hi friends, thanks a lot for your comments. I try to post another bayonets soon, but weather is horrible and there is no proper daylight for good pictures

Peter

May just be me but i like the used bayo`s those that saw daylight and action, for me the more nicks and dents the better others do like the near perfect types which lived the quite life in which its history was pretty much within the scabbard long live the relics.

44 bayos are quite pricey when matched, still a nice one- rough as guts late manufacturing

The sheath is made by Jetter & Scheerer, Tuttlingen