Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back

Article about: My computer has been down for a while so I haven't been able to post any thing, but its working now so I am able to post my recent yard sale find. A couple weeks ago I was going around to a

Default Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back

My computer has been down for a while so I haven't been able to post any thing, but its working now so I am able to post my recent yard sale find. A couple weeks ago I was going around to a couple yard sales, and finding the usual, baby clothes, old VCR tapes, etc. the last yard sale I went to caught my interest because there we actually good antiques there, so I asked the guy if he had any military items. he took me back into the garage and pulls an m42 helmet of the shelf and tells me that his dad brought it back from WWII. he did not want to sell it but he did sell me a k98 bayonet that his dad brought back. the numbers are matching, and it is in mint condition, as you can tell from the pics. there is a copy of an article he gave me and a pic of a pic that I took of him. I have been keeping in touch with him, and hopefully can obtain more from him in the future, hope you guys like it!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back   Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back  

Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back   Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back  

Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back   Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back
    P
    Many

?

Nice late war k98 bayo in nice condition! Who is the maker, and what is the date? I would guess 1944. Great find, even better with a little history behind it.

Jim

That's a REALLY nice bayonet. Great find!

?

NICE!!!!!!!!
    So quit teasing and and show us the blade.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Outstanding s84/98 and frog mid to late war I would think as Jim states 44 nice find! timothy

The blade is marked 44crs, so yes 1944! The guy who I obtained it from had a lot of cool stuff. while I was there he showed me a silver wound badge, a general assault badge, a spare k98 bayonet frog, m42 helmet, a m38 artillery side cap, and the list is on going. he brought back a lot of souvenirs, hopefully i can obtain more to display with the bayonet, which is going to stay in my personal collection for ever!

Outstanding condition...and unfortunate for the German soldier..who probably was brand new on the front..along with all his equipment....had it all taken from him without any use. The Producer of "crs" is Paul Weyersburg seen here: http://k98.free.fr/ 5th section down in the middle.

Would like to see the blade for sure. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

here are some pics of the blade, hope they are ok, there are not very many places to take clear pics in my house!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back   Mint k98 bayonet vet bring back  

Very nice bayonet and accompanying story!

?

Very nice blade! I have a late 44 crs as well and has the same rough finishing to the crossguard. It must have started around the f or g block. Mine is in the g block and yours is the i or j block, I have trouble remembering the difference in the letters.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast