Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My first German K98 bayonet...

Article about: Hi Guys, This is probably not as impressive as some of the other Third Reich swords & daggers, in fact no matching numbers either... I got this a long time ago in the late 1990's, while

?

Default My first German K98 bayonet...

Hi Guys,

This is probably not as impressive as some of the other Third Reich swords & daggers, in fact no matching numbers either...
    I got this a long time ago in the late 1990's, while I was still living in the US - actually, this is the very first item in my collection.
    (There was a 15 year break between getting this item - then I stopped - and started collecting again 2 years ago.)
    Not great photos, just to show it in general...

Looks unused, probably an early model (maybe mid-late 1930's), some patina on the scabbard, which is unmarked btw.
    The bayonet looks nice with "WaA 883" markings and "H 11 812" serial or factory number. There is still factory grease on the blade...

Cheers,
    Fabe

My first German K98 bayonet...My first German K98 bayonet...My first German K98 bayonet...My first German K98 bayonet...My first German K98 bayonet...My first German K98 bayonet...My first German K98 bayonet...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My first German K98 bayonet...
    P
    Many

Hi Fabe..and welcome to the forum......dont put your bayonet under a lesser light..as anything from the Third Reich period is "Always impressive"..no matter what the condition. The bayonet is a testimony to history because it was there and it saw action!! You are correct that it is mismatched numbering..but still quite authentic. Nice to see the " Waffen amt stamping on the pommel. There is a great team of gents here that can tell you exactly what makers produced the parts with the numbering....Timothy and Sleepwalker...are just a couple of the forums top bayonet enthusiasts...they will help you out shortly. Thanks for posting! enjoy your stay here Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

it doe's not have to be a flash dagger if it pleases you that's good enough.

Hallo,

you haven´t a german service bayonet.

This is a german export S84/98 to Portugal out of the H Range of the 1941 contract. The Portuguese Model name is M937 or M941.

Bayonet and Scabbard are not matching, because the scabbard is out of the 1937 contract for Portugal.

Regards

?

Thanks for that info. Interesting...would this make this rare, or were these also mass produced?

Cheers,
    Fabe

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Hallo,

you haven´t a german service bayonet.

This is a german export S84/98 to Portugal out of the H Range of the 1941 contract. The Portuguese Model name is M937 or M941.

Bayonet and Scabbard are not matching, because the scabbard is out of the 1937 contract for Portugal.

Regards

Hallo,

this Export S84/98 is not rare. You can find a lot with matching scabbard in very good condition.

Regards