Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

my little Florian Geyer parade bayonet

Article about: Very sorry to hear that a vet was ripped off Wehrmachtsman, you and a few of your mates should approach the seller demanding his money back for him. If it was sold as original then its a cri

Default re: my little Florian Geyer parade bayonet

Hi Jacob, sorry but I have to agree with the other members. The criminal responsible for this crime was actually English.

This unit was raised to divisonal status in 1944 by which time these bayonets were no longer produced.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement my little Florian Geyer parade bayonet
    P
    Many

hello ade

oke but wasnt the division before that date a cavalery division
    whitch was completly destroyed

and was reorganized in 44 as you speak and i dont mean the type of bayonet

cheers

Hi Jacob, yes it was, I should have really said it did not get the honour title until 1944

Cheers, Ade.

I'd heard that most of these bayonets, knives and daggers were engraved during the 1970's. Due to the high quality engraving collectors are now recognising them in there own right and the prices reflect this. Although asking 350euro is way too much.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

hi ade

aah you know the drill THANKS AGAIN

and about the price i almost got kick out of the bilding because i and the guy who sold it for 350 almost did kung fu fighting

atleast the bayonet it self is good
    nice evening

?

Mate i hope collectors aren't recognising and making them collectable in their own right

The fakers will think they have really won. like Ade said this is a criminal enterprise intended to decieve
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

well there are always some black sheeps in every hobby and in every country who dont know what they have and sell it like real

i get your point and extually i hate all of those people who reproducing ore play arount whit these historical items

unfortunatly we cant do anything against those people except finding the real deal and make it ours

cheers
    jacob

Paul E I agree it is criminal to deface an original historical object and then try to sell it as an original. Most engravings that were done are on K98 bayonets and we all know these weren't originally engraved in WW2. It was during the 1970's that very high quality SS division engravings were made on many K98 bayonets, believed by a Belgium jeweller who has since died. These fakes have since become collectable in there own right not as original peices but because of the quality engraving. Even today this quality cannot be matched so I understand fakers are not doing them now although I could be wrong.
    I personally do not agree with any of this although I have seen a few over the years and there are those who do seek them out. But as long as they are sold for what they are, an original Bayonet with modern engraving no one is deceived. The ones I've seen were selling for between £50.00 and £70.00 UK.
    LUCKYSTRIKE

Here is an example of the British made fantasy SS bayonets. This one is for sale at £185 which I regard as a sick joke.

http://www.theoldbrigade.co.uk/shop/...h=31515&phqu=5

These are not engraved but are acid etched. They used to be for sale in "Exchange & Mart" magazine most weeks in the mid to late 1970's. I think they were about £15 back then. Almost any SS unit under the sun was available.

Cheers, Ade.

£185 pounds its 200 euros

what can i say about these dont know

I tell you something of how far it is going already

I know a SS veteran in person he fought with the 12th SS Pz Div, he was just my age then and was wounded several times in the legs and his chest. But he loves to go to the fair here because he can see some old mates from the same Kompanie and he also like`s to buy real stuff and here it comes he get ripped off too with these kind of bayonets.

i`ll post some pics soon becuase i see him next week

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast