Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

Article about: oooohhhh I like that alot Mike. I love the wooden grips way more than the bakelites on mine. That is a beauty. Nice original-to-piece matching frog as well. I highly appreciate you sharing M

?

Default Re: My new Elite Diamant Matching Bayonet

oooohhhh I like that alot Mike. I love the wooden grips way more than the bakelites on mine. That is a beauty. Nice original-to-piece matching frog as well. I highly appreciate you sharing Mike. It would be great to see some more Elite Diamants, or even any other matching bayos from other members too!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new Elite Diamant Matching  Bayonet
    P
    Many

Quote by Panzer1031 View Post
    i know its not as much of a historically significant piece as an SA dagger
    Hello,
    For me this matching bayonet with frog, piece of named tape and partial story is more historically significant than any SA dagger.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Haha. thanks for your post! I fully agree, now that I was lucky enough to get the chance to meet the vet who scooped it. It was a real adventure for me, one that was not expected at all. At first it was just another k98, thats why I wrote that.....but now it means much more to me. It is something I will keep in my collection for many years to come. Thank you for taking the time to read and post. The other one I showed here...the FW holler (fze) is slightly rarer than the diamant, but not nearly significant to me.

Hi gang,I just bought my first K98 it is a Gebr.Heller 1937 number 4404d with matching number scabbard .Has makers marks everywhere .Very nice blade a little staining on scabbard under frog.The frog is marked KVC 1942 what is the significance of that.Did he add it later?Anyway next sunny day I will post some photos.On another subject does anyone have any hints on maintenance and care do I put gun oil on the blade how should I clean.I am new at this so I need some advise.

I have a question that I was hoping that someone could answer:
    What are the most hard to find (rare) German Combat Bayonets?

?

Quote by operaman View Post
    Hi gang,I just bought my first K98 it is a Gebr.Heller 1937 number 4404d with matching number scabbard .Has makers marks everywhere .Very nice blade a little staining on scabbard under frog.The frog is marked KVC 1942 what is the significance of that.Did he add it later?Anyway next sunny day I will post some photos.On another subject does anyone have any hints on maintenance and care do I put gun oil on the blade how should I clean.I am new at this so I need some advise.

Nice find! It would be great if you could post some pics. Yes, most likely the frog was added later as the date is 42, but that doesnt matter too much.....at least you have a frog for it. The best thing to do is to use Rennaissance Wax. I use it now and love it. You can use it on leather, any metals, anything!! You put it on and let it dry for a minute then rub it off. like waxin a car. It will protect the blade and metal fittings from humidity and fingerprint staining. Also it gave my leather frogs a nice look too. members of This forum put me onto it for my luft dagger and I love it.

?

Quote by Screaming Eagle View Post
    I have a question that I was hoping that someone could answer:
    What are the most hard to find (rare) German Combat Bayonets?
    hey eagle. There are many rare combat bayonet makers to be honest wth you. It all has to do with production numbers. How many bayonets each company made during the war. That usually determines how many bayos are still around today. Also there are companies who only made bayonets for a limited time during the war and then stopped producing....such as elite diamant, which makes them rarer too. but like Ive posted earlier...one of my FZE (fw holler) bayos is even more rare than diamant because the company did not produce as many bayos as other companies. The most commonly seen bayonet IMO is ASW (horster). Good bayos to look for are ANY matching ones! haha but some good rare bayos are earlier WKC's (cvl), any elite diamant, any FZE's, Gebr Heller is a rarer maker, P weyersburg, clemen Jung, etc....... Also desirable bayos are Kreigsmarine and Police combat bayos. Unmarked commercial/private purchase bayos are getting rarer too.

Screaming Eagle, the 'Bayonet Collectors Network' or 'BCN'
    ( on-line ) has listings of all the known makers, production
    figures, and rarety chart for all WWII K98 bayonets.

It is a great source of info !
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Also for some buying tips: Look for messed with parts and replaced parts. If you see reddish colored bakelite grips on a combat bayo that is before the year of 1943....they are most likely replaced grips. In other words You should only see the red style grips on late war bayos. Look at the grip screws....on an "untouched" bayo the grip screws should line up correctly. If not, they may have been replaced or taken apart and messed with. To some this doesnt matter and some people actually clean there bayos and take them apart....but I like my stuff literally untouched other than some topical application of protectants. Look for re-blued blades. I have seen some horrible attempts of re-blues on ebay with people trying to sell them as Mint bayos. The blade should USUALLY match the wear of the fittings and scabbard/rest of bayo

?

good call walkwolf! BCN is great. I have never personally seen there rarity chart tho....only the production years chart.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast