Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

My new K98 bayo

Article about: I just received it today,and i'm pretty happy with it.It's got some issues but Lance already pointed them out before i bought it(Like the handles). The blade is in good condition although it

?

Default My new K98 bayo

I just received it today,and i'm pretty happy with it.It's got some issues but Lance already pointed them out before i bought it(Like the handles).
    The blade is in good condition although it has a few scratches possibly from sharpening.
    I was worried the oxidation is not the original one but now i think its ok.The manufacture is Clemen & Young the stamp on the blade is h8064 and although i cant see the stamp on the scabargd i believe it matches the bayo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new K98 bayo   My new K98 bayo  

My new K98 bayo   My new K98 bayo  

My new K98 bayo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My new K98 bayo
    P
    Many

?

From the pictures, I would say they have both been reblued, the scabbard for sure. you can see where it was cleaned up by a heavy wire brush or polishing wheel and blued over. This would be why the markings are so faint on the scabbard. The number on the pommel is a rack or accountability number from another country, maybe Norway? I can dig some more later after work.

Jim

?

The numbers are probably from here from Bulgaria,but if you can dig some more later it would be great thanks!

?

Well, I was unable to find any more info and without any other modifications or markings I don't know that I'll be able to. You being in Bulgaria, and if that is where you bought it, that would be a pretty good guess, seeing as how they had plenty of German equipment following the war. Norway usually modified their 84/98's to fit M1 Garands, but I thought they also marked them similarly on the pommel. I also found similar numbering on the pommel of Israeli 84/98's, but whether they did this without modifying the crossguard, I am unsure.

So , I would say Bulgaria is your best bet. You might ask Larry C to move this to the K98 forum where it might get some more insight.

Jim

?

Yeah i think it will be better to be moved in that section thanks for the help Jim!
    P.S. if it wasn't for Lance and you i would never even knew about the K98 section!

Cheers,
    Emanuil.

Agree s84/98 used by some other foreign country am curious to the year should be on the blade spine 38 39 40 etc has droopwing early Waa pretty clean overall. timothy

?

Ahh yes thats the one picture i forgot the year is 38.Also last night i opened it up,because i was curious to see wich one of the two handles is original to the bayo.
    P.S. don't mind all the dirt form inside
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My new K98 bayo   My new K98 bayo  

My new K98 bayo