Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help in Bayo Identification

Article about: hello can some help me with my bayonet it has marking clc44 and h3163 on it any info would be great

?

Default Need Help in Bayo Identification

hello can some help me with my bayonet it has marking clc44 and h3163 on it any info would be great

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help in Bayo Identification
    P
    Many

HI Rory..welcome to the forum ..a great start to finding out identity would be to post a few photos.

The "clc" is the producer of Richard Herder..and the year of production is 1944. clc44 see below the link to K98bayo codes

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...s-rbnr-233978/

The h3163 may be a reworked bayo number..but that would be best left to our bayo guys here to answer that number sequence. Photos please would make all the difference in identifying possible reworked bayos from the time period.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

here u go
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help in Bayo Identification   Need Help in Bayo Identification  

Need Help in Bayo Identification  

?

It looks like a nice late 44clc piece, in last known series, unfortunally the blade was proofed to sharpen postwar. b.r.Andy

How do you know it is sharpen postwar and not in wartime?

Quote by ComradeYouri View Post
    How do you know it is sharpen postwar and not in wartime?
    Being in agreement that it's most likely postwar, and sometimes more of a experience-judgement call, for this example why doesn't the sharpened edge have the same aged/rusty appearance as the rest of the blade? Added to the fact that it's a late manufacture bayonet that left the factory in new condition that intentionally was not sharpened. With the bluing providing some rust protection that was removed when it was sharpened. Rest Regards, Fred

?

yeah definitely sharpened not long ago was wonderimg more about the h number cant find anuthing about the h stamp thanks

Quote by rory86 View Post
    yeah definitely sharpened not long ago was wonderimg more about the h number cant find anuthing about the h stamp thanks
    My immediate recollection is that the folks at the Herder firm used upper case letters at the beginning, instead of lower case at the end to identify the serial number blocks of 10,000 bayonets - for reasons that were best known to them at the time. Best Regards, Fred

?

s173k-3360a
    looks like upper case letters used in late 1944.b.r.Andy
    here a wrong name but the link goes to G range clc44.

Hello,

sharping of the blade was vorbidden.

A sharped blade means a damaged bayonet.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need Help in Bayo Identification